Prague Hotels?

May 9th, 2003, 09:59 AM
Original Poster

Prague Hotels?

Hello. I am trying to decide between two hotels in Prague. The first hotel is Radisson SAS Alcron Praha. The second hotel is the InterContinental Praha. I am getting the Radisson for $96 and the Intercontinental is $70. I really don't care about the price. Just want the nicer hotel with a better location perhaps. Thanks!
May 9th, 2003, 01:35 PM

That's a tough call. they are both in good locations but the IC is near Old Town Square which is nicer than Wencelas Square which is where the SAS is IMO. The Radisson has the nicer breakfast I am told however!
May 9th, 2003, 01:41 PM

How did you get the hotels so cheap ?
May 9th, 2003, 02:46 PM

I would much prefer to be near Old Town Square than Wenceslas. And that is a really great price!
May 9th, 2003, 03:48 PM

Can anyone report on the Hotel Julian, Hotel Anna, Hotel Union, or Cloister Inn?
Aug 20th, 2003, 08:11 AM

Has anyone heard of the Hotel PRAHA - Prague, Czech? We are most concened about its location.
It's listed as a 5*. True? Here's what their internet description says: "Hotel is located in one of the finest residential areas the city of Prague has to offer, on an ample 20-acre hotel estate. The hotel commands not only a breath-taking view of the city panorama..."
Have you been there? Is it within walking distance to "downtown?"
Aug 20th, 2003, 08:53 AM
MGB

Mark
We stayed at The Cloister Inn in 1999. Location was great (about equal distance between Old Town Square and Wenselas square. Maybe 4 blocks from the Trolley station, convenient to the Dept store and ATMs. Not far from the river either. We did walk over one evening but for day sightseeing we took the Trolley over to Hradny Castle and then walked down had lunch then came back over the bridge for Old Town. We had a car which we left in their gated car park. People were friendly and helpful, breakfast was very nice.
We walked alot even at night without any problems.
Rooms were a decent size, had an elevator, they were modestly decorated and did have cable TV. We were there in Sept and even then I think we paid about $100 a night.
Mary Ann
Aug 20th, 2003, 10:51 AM

those are good rates, and I'm not sure which I'd choose as I don't care for either location. The IH is not that near Old Town Square IMO -- it's north near the river, although it is closer to it than the SAS Radisson. I think the location is manageable, however, but I would not choose it. I think the Radisson is a little closer to a metro stop, also (Muzeum). I don't like the area right around the IH, either, kind of grim and unattractive.

the Hotel Praha is a 5* as far as I know, but it's a luxury business hotel near the airport -- good for conferences, business guests, etc. Bad location for a tourist and no where near downtown as it's near the airport.
Aug 20th, 2003, 03:25 PM

We were recently at the Intercontinental Praha and we were very pleased with the location, rooms....As a matter of fact, the down comforters and pillows were the softest I've ever slept on. I'd stay there especially for $70!
Aug 22nd, 2003, 10:23 AM
Mat

I have found excellent luck with the site www.praguehotels.cz. Great service and rates, as well as photos!
Aug 22nd, 2003, 10:47 AM

I walked to the Alcron for dinner from the Mala Strana. I found the area a bit devoid of Prague charm. The InterContinental - while not the most attractive building from the outside - is, I think, better located to the heart of Prague. In defense of the Alcron - the restaurant there is top notch. Also noticed a lot of "wallpaper magazine" types in the lobby - which may or may not be to your liking.