Prague Hotel pricing?

Search

Prague Hotel pricing?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24th, 2010, 08:48 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Prague Hotel pricing?

Hello. I am traveling with a party of 4, self included. 2 adults and 2 kids under 7. I found a Prague hotel that can accommodate us in a suite for about 150 Euros per night. It's the Mamaison Pachtuv Palace. Great reviews all around. Is this the going price for a suite in a decent hotel? It seems inexpensive for the pictures shown and the price given. I looked at other hotels but not many have suites to accommodate 4 so it's hard to compare the pricing. Could it just be the area it's located? Thank you for any advice!
Old Jun 24th, 2010, 09:21 AM

looking at their website it seems the suites range in size from 35-120 sq mtrs,I would check the size they are offering.
I was in Prague a few weeks ago and talking to a few folk it seems many of the hotels are having a fairly hard time of it and are reducing prices,you just may be a benificiary of this.are they also offering breakfast as well in the price?
The location is good ,though there is a very busy road nearby and the walk from the hotel to Charles Bridge is not on the most pleasant street in Prague,but no major worry.
might be worth asking about this on the trip advisor forum as well.
Old Jun 24th, 2010, 01:54 PM
Original Poster

Thanks. I sent the hotel an email request so that I can get a confirmed suite big enough for 4. Thanks for the size tip. Didn't note the size range. only sent email to hotel because someone on trip advisor mentioned getting a tiny room not representative of their site pictures. Breakfast isn't included. It still seems cheap since the pictures are so nice. Similar pricing to the Sheraton and that looks modern and very standard. I thought it might be location but then again the Four Seasons is along the same road just above the bridge. My problem is the 4 people. Not a big selection available for 4 people in the same room. Adjoining availability is impossible to tell online. I can't split us up. I will try trip advisor. Thank you so much!
Old Jun 24th, 2010, 04:23 PM

Checked the reviews on this hotel and they were very good reviews. It looks like you have a good deal going.
Old Jun 24th, 2010, 05:57 PM
Original Poster

yes, the pricing looked great until I made it to the last page. No refunds and no changes in date after booking. I'm a bit far out and I am traveling with kids so things do come up. I don't mind loosing one night but 5 is a bit much. I think I will stick with this hotel but take my chances and try to book once we are on the continent.
Old Jun 24th, 2010, 10:43 PM

http://www.travelcook.com/
this is a pretty good company to deal with,if you scroll to the bottom of the page there is a contact section and you and they can try and find something for you if you tell them your requirements.
Old Jun 24th, 2010, 10:59 PM

You may wish to have a look at room 3 at this property:

http://www.santiniresidence.com/

It looks like a lovely 2 bedroom suite, similarly priced to the property you are looking at, and able to accommodate the size of your party. They quoted me 170e per night for this suite, without the non refundable pre-pay requirement.
Old Jun 25th, 2010, 03:01 AM

Have a look here ,good price and they have a 2 bedroom suite no 5 & 10 ,the hotel itself is right in the center just behind the Astronomical Clock / Prague Orloj

http://www.utribubnu.cz/ubytovani_en.htm