Hotel Roma - Prague

Search

Hotel Roma - Prague

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10th, 2009, 12:50 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel Roma - Prague

Has anyone stayed at this hotel? What are your thoughts and impressions of it? I can't seem to find info here at Fodor's and TA has mixed reviews.

Thanks.
Old Aug 10th, 2009, 11:44 PM

not stayed there,but did consider it for a trip I made at the end of May.It is in a great location and looking at the earlier reviews made me consider it,but they put their prices up by a considerable amount just before I booked and that was the reason I didn't stay there.Looking at the more recent reviews on TA I think I am glad I made that choice.
I did stay in the Best Western Hotel Pav on Kremencova.
http://www.hotel-pav.cz/en/?gclid=CP...FUoB4wodLiHidg
this was a well located hotel,decent moder rooms ,close to all the sights and a short walk to the Narodni Trida tram /metro interchange (neccesary for my visit).
I think it is of a similar star rating to the Roma but a bit lower priced.
Old Aug 11th, 2009, 01:47 AM

I have stayed there once 3 years ago. I liked the hotel pretty much but have not returned there since then even though I havev travelled to Prague about 5 more times. That's only because I find less expensive (3* vs Roma's 4*) nice hotels in similar location. Residence Mala Strana is one. Under different circumstances, I would love to return to Hotel Roma. Basically I found nothing negative about my stay there. Based on my own experience, I ignore most of the negative comments on TA (that I read regularly, espeically about the hotels I know personally) or get puzzeled by those comments. As a matter of fact I'm considering a trip to Prague in November (I know it's not the best time of the year to visit the city but) and if i'm not mistaken I saw about €60.- for Roma on venere.com. That's a great price for this hotel. And the location is great for me. I can go up Perin Hill right out of the hotel (I rather walk than take the funicular)half the way then right to castle area, admiring the view all the time. And the many tram lines that go in front of the hotel is quite handy (Ujezd stop).
Old Aug 11th, 2009, 03:49 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the information about the hotel. I am passing this info on to my son who is going to Prague on business first and pleasure later (he will be joined by wife and friends). He has stayed in Prague before but at different hotels. Price is a consideration since other people are with them on this trip. He likes the location of the Hotel Roma but has not stayed there so any information here is very helpful.
Old Aug 16th, 2009, 02:15 AM
Original Poster

So far, it is the Hotel Roma for them. Any suggestions from anyone on best rooms to request? Thanks.