Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Best web sites for Prague hotels (ideally with online booking info)

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12th, 2004, 10:00 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, all,

Some friends of mine are going to Prague the end of next week and are having difficulty finding availability at some of the hotels they have identified. (They are emailing or faxing individual hotels at this point).

Can any of you recommend any good web sites for finding Prague hotels, especially ones where availability can be assessed online in real time?

Thanks.

John H
Old Oct 12th, 2004, 10:14 AM
rex

www.athos.cz is excellent and you can even chat real time with the nice agents there, using ICQ...

Best wishes,

Rex
Old Oct 12th, 2004, 10:54 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, Rex. Much appreciated,

John H,
Old Oct 12th, 2004, 11:43 AM

My post doesn't identify a general hotel booking website, but I wanted to give a suggestion on where to try.

We just returned on 10/4, staying at the Maximilian in Josefov/Stare Mesto. We liked the hotel quite a bit. It's a member of the Golden Tulip chain. I think they have three properties in Prague. Websites are www.maximilianhotel.com and www.goldentulip.com. I found the prices on the Golden Tulip site to be less than half the prices quoted on the hotel site when I made my reservation (months ago). Our room with a king-size bed was approximately $160 USD per night, including a great (full) breakfast buffet. The Maximilian website lists open dates at the bottom of the Reservations page (they show availability for Oct 17 to 20). The Maximilian has a sister hotel, Hotel Josef, which looked really hip and happening. I don't think it is a Golden Tulip property, though.

Next time I might try to stay at the Hotel U Prince. It was one of the prettiest hotels that I saw in Prague, located right on Old Town Square facing the Astonomical Clock. Very picturesque.
Old Oct 12th, 2004, 03:03 PM

Here's another site that might be helpful:

http://www.hotelsprague.cz/

We also stayed at the Maximilian last year and loved it. Wonderful, helpful staff, terrific location, great room.

Old Oct 12th, 2004, 03:27 PM

there was a poster a while back Leslie Strauss that had some good info on Prague. I don't know what happened to her but she had some excellent info. try doing a search and see if it pulls up some of her old posts.
Have a nice trip!
Old Oct 12th, 2004, 05:11 PM

www.travel.cz
Old Oct 12th, 2004, 06:40 PM

You might try www.avetravel.cz They helped us find a nice inexpensive penzion several years ago--Penzion Balbin.
Old Oct 13th, 2004, 02:16 AM

The list on http://www.inyourpocket.com is good, updated, and with comments.

[email protected]
Old Oct 14th, 2004, 08:36 AM
MaureenB

We stayed in a pension in Prague last June that I wouldn't highly recommend, but I did collect brochures from three hotels I wanted to remember in case we returned: The Hotel Neruda (mentioned above), the Hotel U krale Karla, and the Grand Hotel Bohemia.
The Neruda is on the hill going up to Prague Castle, near the Bazaar restaurant. Its brochure says it's four-star, an historical building reconstructed. Lobby had a nice, contemporary feel, clean and well-done. Rack rate is 220 EUR in high season for a double. It's website is www.hotelneruda.cz
The U krale Karla brochure says it's a gothic building, rebuilt in 1639, renovated in 1993. It had more an old Prague feeling to it, old elegance. In Lesser Town, also near the Castle, only 16 double rooms and 3 suites, high season rates for double room deluxe is 6900CZK. Website: www.romantichotels.cz
The Grand Hotel Bohemia is a five-star, in Old Town next to the Powder Tower (also a good location), 78 rooms and suites. It's a classic, old, elegant-looking place that looked charming, too. (No rate sheet in their brochure.) Website: www.grandhotelbohemia.cz
So, that's all I know! We didn't see any of the rooms themselves, but from walking through the lobby and asking at the desk, they looked promising.
A lot of posters here have recommended the Pension Dientzenhofer, which we also liked the looks of.