Search

Prague Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2nd, 2007, 08:27 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Prague Hotel

We will be in Prague for only 2 days and want a hotel that has a great location as well as being very nice. Has anyone stayed at the Hotel Pariz? How is this location? Is the hotel worth the money if we do not plan on doing much other than sleeping there? Does anyone have any other first hand suggestions?

Thanks in advance - this site is so valuable as a novice traveler!
Old Jun 2nd, 2007, 08:44 PM

I just stayed at the Hotel Josef. Great location, under $200 USD a night. Loved it.
Old Jun 3rd, 2007, 07:13 AM

Be sure to get your hotel quotes in the local currencies of the countries you're going to as they love to convert USD or Euros at a bad rate to pick up some extra money. It's a common thing all over Europe and most all do it.

An example is that you get a quote from a hotel in Prague and they give it to you in Euros but then when you pay by cash or cc, it's in their local currency-not Euros that they quoted you. They usually pick up 5-10% doing this and most people never notice it.

I learned this and always get my quotes in the local currency they use.
Old Jun 3rd, 2007, 09:48 AM

I'm not sure where the Pariz is located. I have a feeling it's near Wenceslas Square, and I would prefer a hotel near the Charles Bridge. The Maximilian is very nice and there are many other good hotels in that area.

A lot of people recommend the Mala Strana area and one hotel there is the Kampa.

Have you done a search for hotels in Prague? You might find the information you want.
Old Jun 3rd, 2007, 10:24 AM

Pariz is near Wenseclas - the more modern sideof town. I would stay in or near the Old Town - since your time is limited and you will want to spend much of your time either there or across the river at the Castele Complex. We stayed once at a Renaissance just a couple of minutes walk from Old town Square - nothing special business style hotel - but clean and the price was right and the location great.

There are better hotels in good locations - but not at this moderate price point.
Old Jun 3rd, 2007, 10:36 AM

We stayed at the Palace Hotel about a year ago.. It is gracious and the rooms quite lovely, and near Wenceslas Square.
Old Jun 3rd, 2007, 11:28 PM

I second the Prage Palace Hotel. It was very nice and very conveniently located. It is just across the street from tha Mucha Museum. You can easily walk to Old Town Square.
Old Jun 3rd, 2007, 11:55 PM

Here's another vote for the Maximilian Hotel. Excellent location, very comfortable room, helpful staff and an exceptional included breakfast. They also had a car service when we stayed there that we sometimes used instead of a taxi (which are notorious for cheating with the exception of 1-2 companies).
Old Jun 5th, 2007, 11:11 AM

I just had to second the location of Hotel Pariz. I stayed there a number of years ago. The hotel itself was very nice, but the location was not ideal for us. With limited time, I'd agree with trying to stay closer to the bridge or old town.
Old Jun 12th, 2007, 01:00 PM
Original Poster

Ok, I'm back, still looking for accomodations in Prague. I am willing to spend $350 per night. "nytraveler" wrote of nicer hotels. Please tell me your experience. Thanks --
Old Jun 12th, 2007, 01:22 PM

We loved Hotel Maxmillian also, very quiet street but close to everything.
Old Jun 12th, 2007, 03:11 PM

I stayed at the HOTEL JOSEF, and could not have been more pleased.
I LOVED the location, and the staff was extremely accomodating.

The room was spotless. It is a boutique type hotel and would stay there again if I ever returned to PRAGUE.
Old Jun 12th, 2007, 08:38 PM

We were in Prague a few years ago and stayed in The Bishop's House, basically at the foot of Charles Bridge on the Mala Strana side. It is not a large hotel, but the staff was wonderful. The room we had was a good size and had a balcony overlooking all of the old town. One caution-The room was not air conditioned, but a fan was supplied and was sufficient (we were there in July).
Old Jun 13th, 2007, 03:43 AM

IF this Hotel Pariz IS LOCATED anywhere near Wencelas Square, I would suggest NOT TO STAY THERE.
In my opinion, that area was very "tacky" and not at all a pleasant location to stay in PRAGUE.
You should try to "maximize your Prague experience" and if you have a choic stay in a more pleasant location.
The Hotel Josef was wonderful, also the Maximilian was a good choice.