Reload this Page >

Prague - Cesky Krumlov - Vienna

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 01:08 PM
Elsa

Can we take a train or bus to Cesky Krumlov, spend a few hours there, and then is there a train or bus to Vienna from there? Or is there a bus/train to Durnstein, near Melk, in Austria?<BR><BR>Thank you in advance.

Old Jan 10th, 2003, 04:19 AM
Elsa

Anyone?????<BR><BR>Thanks

Old Jan 10th, 2003, 04:44 AM
Nick

Check www.oebb.at for Austrian trains (wiht C Krumlov available as search option) - I checked and saw a 1518 arriving 2056, with 2 changes - fastest train journey available. There is also 1830 (? check) train arriving 0045 as well - 2 or 3 changes. Nothing direct. Prague to Cesky krumlov should not be a problem.

Old Jan 10th, 2003, 05:24 AM
Elsa

Thank you, Nick. I did check the website you suggested, but couldn't understand the language. <BR><BR>You helped by telling me what the fasted train trip would be so now I have some idea that it is possible to make the trip. Of course I will check at the time of travel.<BR><BR>Thanks again.

Old Jan 10th, 2003, 05:28 AM
Liz

Elsa, the German rail site has an English page, and has train schedules all over Europe:<BR><BR>www.bahn.de, then click on TIMETABLES in the left-hand column for English.

Old Jan 11th, 2003, 07:35 AM
Deb

I did this trip last year but substituted Salzburg for Vienna. I took the train from Prague to Cesky Krumlov but stayed for two nights. I then took the train to Salzburg but it was a complicated trip, backtracking and many changes. I would call rail europe and they can give you exact times and whether it is possible to do just a few hours in CK and then catch another train.

Old Jan 11th, 2003, 09:30 AM
Ben Haines

The site http://www.idos.cz,, English version, shows that busses leave Prague Na Knizeci auto st Andel at 0710 and Prague Florenc at 0800 and take three hours to C Krumlov, arriving 1000 or 1055. There you can drop your bags at any helpful hotel, or any restaurant where you plan to lunch, and stroll around. After lunch you can leave the bus station at 1610, reach Ceske Budejovice 1640, cross the road to the railway station, leave at 1700, change at Gmund 1829 to 1842, and reach Vienna 2056.<BR><BR>Busses and trains run often between Vienna and Durnstein. From Ceske Budejovice things are more complicated: you take the train via Gmund to Tulln, then a local train or a boat up the Danube to Durnstein. I think the journey Prague, C Krumlov, Durnstein, Vienna would call for a night's stopover somewhere on the way, such as Ceske Budejovice or Sigmundsherberg.<BR><BR>Please write if I can help further.<BR><BR>Ben Haines, London<BR>

Old Jan 12th, 2003, 02:56 AM
rar

krumlov better done by staying a night, 6 hours of travelling is necessary to go there and back to prague... vienna probably about the same.