Reload this Page >

Prague train to Vienna?

Search

Prague train to Vienna?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 08:24 AM
melissa

Prague train to Vienna?

Does anyone know where I could find info on train travel from Prague to Vienna? I've done some internet searches and for some reason I'm having a hard time finding a site with current timetables. Does anyone know offhand how long it takes to travel between these cities?? Thanks!

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 08:27 AM
Nancy

I live in Switzlerand and find the Swiss Railways website very useful for this type of information for destinations all over Europe. Go to SBB.ch.<BR><BR>The train journey appears to take between 41/2 and 61/2 hours, depending on the train you take and which staion in Vienna is your arrival station.

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 08:34 AM
Ira

Hi Melissa,<BR> You can also try http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de<BR> the German train system.

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 11:11 AM
barrry

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homep...ide/trainl.htm

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 11:41 AM
Ben Haines

Dear Ms Grant,<BR><BR>The reference library of a city near you may have the Thomas Cook European Timetable. Timetable 59 shows that trains with restaurant cars leave Prague Hlavni station at 0656, and Prague Hoklesovice station at 1058, 1458 and 1758 and take 4 ½ hours to Vienna South. Other journeys involve a change of train and a wait at the frontier at Breclav: I have not listed them. There is good scenery but no catering on the trains Prague Hlavni 0717, Gmund 1029 to 1039, Vienna Franz Josefs Bahnhof 1255. Prague Hlavni station has pickpockets working in gangs of three, so in your Prague hotel you should put your passports, credit cards, spare tickets, spare money, purse and wallet, into your big case, board the train with just the relevant ticket and a little money, and unpack the passport once the train has left Hlavni. Holesovice seems free of these pests.<BR><BR>Please write if I can help further. Welcome to Europe.<BR><BR>Ben Haines<BR><BR>

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 01:08 PM
melissa

Thanks everyone ~ Very helpful!