Prague - Bed and Breakfast

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9th, 2009, 12:23 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife and I will be traveling to Prague in September. Looking for recommendations on Bed and Breakfast in a good part of the city; convenient to locations, restaurants which would be typical for tourists to want to see.
Old Jul 9th, 2009, 12:35 PM

What's your approximate budget?

Just to get a general indea of hotel rates, go to venere.com and see fro yourself. I'd recommend 1st Mala Strana area and 2nd Old Town area. In Mala Strana, I have stayed at Residence Mala Strana 3* stars for a few times. See a text search here and you will find old posts about this hotel. Convenient, walking distance to many tourist locations but quiet, also a tram stop nearby for many tram lines. I paid there for a double room with breakfast from €40 (winter low season) to €90 (Easter top season). In September 2007, it costed about €80 (high season).
Old Jul 9th, 2009, 12:37 PM

> See a text search ..

I meant "DO a text seach", with keywords like prague and Residence Mala Strana.
Old Jul 9th, 2009, 04:53 PM

In 2003 we stayed at Pension Dientzenhofer in Mala Strana and we are staying there again this August. We like Mala Strana because it is quiet yet close to everything. It's about a 5 minute walk from Charles Bridge. Within walking distance of the castle, etc. Price includes breakfast buffet which I remember enjoying very much. When we go in August, we are staying in a suite because there are 4 of us; our room costs $200 USD. They will also pick you up at the airport for a reasonable fee. YOu can do a google search to see photos.
Old Jul 9th, 2009, 11:30 PM

http://www.travelcook.com/
have a look at this site.there is also a request section where you can put down your requirements and the site owners will get back to you with a few ideas.
Old Jul 18th, 2009, 03:06 PM

The Residence Hotel Mala Strana located at Melnicka 9 (street name and number) serves an excellent breakfast. I would call it a hotel, but it does not have a restaurant or a swimming pool. It is located near tram lines which makes traveling around Prague fairly easy. The hotel desk clerk sells tickets for the tram by time based on anticipated length of the trip.
The tram to the castle is near to the hotel and takes a short time to get there.

The senior suite is 41 square meters, or about 440 square feet. If you are going to be in Prague for more than 3 nights I think you would appreciate the extra space of the senior suite. We found the junior suite ok for 2 people.
For 3 or more I definitely would want the larger size.

The college age students on the front desk spoke English. As you might well judge some spoke better than others.
Old Jul 18th, 2009, 06:08 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I highly recommend the Savic Hotel which is located just two short blocks from Old Town Square.

http://www.savic.eu/
Old Jul 30th, 2009, 02:15 PM

Hello, I recommend Little Town budget hotel, its righ on the lesser town square. All the major sights in walking distance. Good price and very nice staff, make you feel like home.
Next to it is czech restaurant - breakfast, lunch ( from 110CZK) I dont know where the cooker comes from , but the menu is just the best I had in Prague.
Maybe I was hungry.... I dont know, no I dont think soo