Positano Restaurants

Oct 12th, 2007, 10:21 AM
Original Poster

Positano Restaurants

Can you please share your favorite Positano restaurants? Are there places to go for breakfast outside the hotel? We'll be staying next to the marina. Thank you!
Oct 12th, 2007, 10:53 AM

Best place we went to was La Tagliata...they are way up on the hill, but have a free shuttle to pick you up and drop you off. Very good food, lots of it!! Google the name and get their website.
Oct 12th, 2007, 10:58 AM

Here's the website...I emailed for reservations and they responded in English the next day

http://www.latagliata.com/restaurant..._trattoria.php

warning, they have cheesy music on the website so if at work put your computer on mute!
Oct 12th, 2007, 12:39 PM

Our favorite is Da Costantino in Montepertusso, above Positano. Wonderful food, nice owner and spectacular view. Pizzaria Lo Guarracino is good too and a fun place. It is on the little "street" that leads from the main part of Positano to the Fornillo beach area, just past the turret. Chez Black and La Cambusa are good but expensive. Chez Black does make a wonderful fritto misto del mare with a huge lobster on it. Great people watching if you get one of the front tables.
Oct 13th, 2007, 12:38 AM

Hi Love - I second both the above resommendations - La Tagliata and Da Costantino.

La Tagliata is best lunchtime for superb coastal views stretching as far as Capri (- Faraglioni).

Da Costantino (- above Chiesa Nuova) is best evenings for a delightful view over Positano as the lights come on. Book a window table ...
http://www.dacostantino.com/panorama.htm

Both can be reached on the Montepertuso/Nocelle bus from Positano centre.

Also in Montepertuso, Donna Rosa and Il Ritrovo generally get good reviews.

Steve
Oct 13th, 2007, 04:55 AM

Bookmarking for May 2008
Oct 18th, 2007, 05:24 PM

We were in Positano last week and really liked Da Constantino (which we went to thanks to suggestions on this board; they will pick you up and take you back to your hotel), da Vincenzo, and Lo' Guarracino. We were lazy one night and ate at Bruno near our hotel (Albergo California). It was fine, but not as exceptional as the other 3.

Len
Oct 19th, 2007, 01:11 AM

Hi Len - Glad you liked Da Costantino.

One of my favourite places

Steve
Oct 19th, 2007, 02:25 AM

Not only did I not like Il Ritrovo, I was actually sick. Totally aimed at tourists, not particularly nice surroundings (limited view obscured by flapping plastic sheets), unfriendly staff and worst of all, high prices for a very poor meal - standard antipasti (OK but could have had anywhere), dull pasta dishes, awful mixed meats including undercooked chicken & an unidentifiable one I thought was off, dull desserts. The only good thing we had was the wine !