resturants in Positano

Jun 11th, 2009, 01:03 PM
Original Poster

resturants in Positano

I will be in Positano in July and would like some recomendations on places that you have eaten and would return to.
Jun 11th, 2009, 01:14 PM

We had so much fun (and good food) at La Tagliata, which is located high above Positano.

The restaurant sent a van to take us up the hill.

The view was wonderful!

Byrd
Jun 11th, 2009, 01:33 PM

Would recommend La Cambusa which was on the Spiaggia Grande. Very nice patio with tables overlooking the beach. The dish I remember was a fantastic linguine with scampi and cherry tomatoes. Very fresh, hint of garlic. All the seafood was excellent. Sometimes panned because a lot of tourists go there, but Positano's a touristy town.

Second suggestion if you are going to Ravello - Trattoria Cumpa Cosimo.

Enjoy your trip.
Jun 12th, 2009, 12:45 AM

I'm partial to local places in Positano. What Italians call "casareccia" or "hosterie". In that family owned and genuine atmosphere type of experience I would suggest , no frills, good prices, native born chefs:

"Il Grottino" at the top of the village near the Bar Internationale. Also at the top of the village "C'era Una Volta". Up the street from the Sireneuse Hotel "Bruno's" (great local cuisine, great views). On the beach ".O'Capurale".

There's an American in Positano who has a company called Positano Adventure Walks and he knows the secret places and best locations for just about everything.
Jun 12th, 2009, 03:51 AM

Hi

Had a fantastic meal with panaromic views at Ristorante Da Costantino - http://www.dacostantino.it. Menu prices are very fair. I was brought up in an italian kitchen and was impressed with the home style cooking there. I had gnocchi al sugo. They were as good as my mother's (ssshh, don't tell her, it will break her heart). Bookings essential, particularly if you want a picturesque window seat at sunset.
Jun 12th, 2009, 12:18 PM

We stayed on Via Cristoforo Colombo (just across from Le Sirenuse). A one minute walk further up the hill is Restaurante Bruno. It is inexpensive and very good. It has tables on the sidewalk overlooking Positano. The views are spectacular, so don't forget your camera.
Jun 12th, 2009, 01:00 PM

Another vote for La Tagliata. They have a free shuttle that will pick you up and take you home. We had a fantastic time, friendly with lovely views and great food.
Jun 13th, 2009, 01:48 AM

Hi RT - Two I always go back to are La Tagliata and Da Costantino.

Steve
Jun 13th, 2009, 04:03 AM

I'm going to high jack here and ask a question about the shuttle to these restaurants. How does it work after your meal? Surely they can't return everyone at the exact moment they want to leave...do they wait for several tables to be finished before taking you back to your hotel?
Jun 13th, 2009, 09:31 AM

travelfan,

We were a group of four couples and I remember just going out and getting into the van. Maybe we were a load unto ourselves.

Anyway, we don't remember waiting any length of time.

We had the best time at La Tagliata. The plentiful food was served "family style," with bowls put on the table and passed around. The carafes of wine were refilled frequently.

After dinner, we had "Mama" come out of the kitchen for out applause and "grazies."

I think it would be worth a wait, if necessary!

Byrd

Search this Thread