Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Positano Hotels: Villa Rosa - California - Casa Albertina?

Old Jul 2nd, 2009, 11:14 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello fellow Fodorites!
Looking into booking 3 nights in Positano for my husband and I in mid-October and debating between a few hotels:
Villa Rosa - got quoted 230 E for a Superior double; 165 E for Standard double (seems a big gap?!)
Hotel Albergo California - 175 for a Double; 150 for Double w/ Jacuzzi
Casa Albertina - 190 Superior w/ Terrace; 160 Double w/ Balcony

Any thoughts ?
Old Jul 12th, 2009, 11:15 AM

Hi Patty, I've stayed in a few different standard doubles at Villa Rosa and they've all been nice, it's one of my favorite hotels (especially the terrace). Haven't stayed in a superior double at VR or at any of the others but there is ample info here on all of them, just do a search on each hotel. Also tripadvisor has pics and reviews of these hotels. I can't speak highly enough about VR though!
Old Jul 12th, 2009, 01:55 PM

I love Casa Albertina but you will need good legs.
Old Jul 12th, 2009, 02:21 PM

I stayed at the California and had a lovely visit. The terrace is incredible and so are the views from the room. The rooms were decorated quite simply, but were still comfortable and spacious. Good luck!
Old Jul 28th, 2009, 05:44 PM

We stayed on the third floor of Villa Rosa which had stunning views from the balcony. Our breakfast was brought out to us each morning at whatever time we requested the day before. No elevator, if that is a concern, but lovely, lovely, lovely. Good central location for walk abouts in town. Make sure you get the shuttle to pick you up at the hotel to take you to La Tagliata for dinner, the desk can arrange this for you. You will never see so much fresh food in your life and great ambience. I paid 175 euro for a double per night at Villa Rosa this past June and felt it was quite worth it. One note of caution if you choose Villa Rosa, hotel staff will encourage you to go to Cafe Positano for dinner if you inquire, which looked to be a bit pricey from online menu. But, no matter where you choose to stay, you will love Positano
Old Jul 28th, 2009, 06:11 PM

patty,

I almost stayed at the Casa Albertina and had a reservation in the same price range 4 years ago!

I ended up staying at Le Sirene in Praiano and really liked it.

If you do stay at Casa Albertina, please do report back when you return. I'd be interested to hear your impression.
Old Jul 28th, 2009, 07:12 PM

Right next to Le Sirene in Positano is LaAncora. We stayed there 2 years ago and it was FABULOUS. Good price/ fabulous room with balcony terrace/ and super breakfast. I would definitely recommend it!