Search

Positano Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12th, 2004, 08:05 AM
SB1
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Positano Hotels

My apologies if this message is being posted twice. Am wondering what the difference is betweeen Miramare and Villa Franca (besides the Franca's swimming pool.) Both have gotten mostly positive reviews on this site and others -- any info would be much appreciated.
Old Mar 12th, 2004, 03:45 PM

Hi,

I stayed at the Villa Franca 2 years ago. It was a very nice hotel. The people who work there are very rude but just ignore them. They have a shuttle bus that takes you up and down the mountain which is very convienant. The only problem was that the hotel is not very luxurious, after spending 3 days at the Villa Franca, we spent a 7 nights at the Sirenuse. It' s worth every penny.

Hopes this helps
Old Mar 16th, 2004, 06:38 AM
SB1
Original Poster

Thanks v. much for the info -- couple more questions, if you don't mind. Did you HAVE to take the shuttle to and from the hotel, or is it walkable? How was the noise factor in your room at the Villa Franca? Also, was there a restaurant that stood out as really good in the area?? Thanks again -- you have already been so helpful!
Old Mar 16th, 2004, 07:10 PM

I evaluated those two hotels myself and ended up choosing the Miramare. If memory serves, Villa Franca is near or on the "top" of Positano whereas Miramare is more or less halfway up. i preferred the midpoint location the Miramare appears to have. I haven't been there but that's what I gathered reading all the posts. I'll find out for myself when I'm there this time next month!
Old Mar 16th, 2004, 07:23 PM
Biz

I have only stayed at the Villa Franca. It is quite a climb from the beach to the hotel and I was always out of breath when I made it to the top, even though I am in fairly good shape. Otherwise I recommend the VF highly. I had no problems with the staff and actually found them quite accommodating and helpful. If you stay there try to make sure you get a room in the main building and not the annex (unless you get a really good price).