Positano & Amalfi

Old Apr 20th, 2006, 06:54 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Positano & Amalfi

Hi, my boyfriend and I are off to the Amalfi Coast on May 6th. We plan to stay 2 nights in either Amalfi or Ravello and 2 nights in Positano before going to Capri. Does anyone know what the hotel Il Saraceno Grand Hotel in Amalfi is like? Is it in the town? Alternatively please can people suggest some reasonably priced places to stay in Positano and Amalfi/Ravello.
Many thanks
Old Apr 20th, 2006, 08:48 AM

Debbie,
I would suggest staying the four nights in Positano before heading to Capri. You can take ferry trips from Positano and visit both Amalfi and Ravello. Positano is a beautiful place however, I was not that impressed with Amalfi or Ravello. Ravello is nice, there is just not that much there to do. I highly suggest the Villa Rosa in Positano. It is reasonably priced and your room will have a terrace with a wonderful view of the town and the water (request a room with a full sea view). If the Villa Rosa is fully booked, I would suggest the Villa La Tartana which is owned by the same family that runs the Villa Rosa. You will love Capri! If you have any other questions about the area don't hesitate to ask. Have a great time!
Old Apr 20th, 2006, 10:09 AM

Hi Debbie -

I can second tmoon's recommendation for Positano and for La Tartana. That's where we stayed last September, and Villa Rosa also gets great reviews here and at tripadvisor.com. What I don't know is whether my concept of "reasonable" and yours are the same. La Tartana's cost last September was 150 € per night. It was well worth it.

KC
Old Apr 20th, 2006, 10:14 AM
Original Poster

Thanks very much. I've sent a request to Villa Rosa to see if they've got room. €150 a night sounds "reasonable" to me.
Old Apr 23rd, 2006, 08:38 AM

I happened onto a great little place near where the SITA bus dropped me off in Positano. The Royal Positano hotel (in October) had an ocean view room with breakfast for about 60 euro. Lovely spot and great views.
Old May 24th, 2006, 04:43 PM

I wanted to ask if you can recommend a hotel in Capri similar to the one in Positano. Thanks so much in advance for your assistance.
kfay