Portugal slideshow video

Search

Portugal slideshow video

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11th, 2008, 03:58 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Portugal slideshow video

Just back from a 10 day trip to Lisbon and points north. We rented a car to travel as far north as the Douro Valley, and as far east and south as Evora.
Here is the location of a slideshow video of photos from the trip.
http://blip.tv/file/1316760/
Old Oct 11th, 2008, 05:09 PM

Wow what a great show. We too just got back this week from over 3 weeks in Portugal & it brought back recent memories.Thanks Chris
Old Oct 11th, 2008, 05:26 PM

Thank you so much for the gorgeous travelogue.
We were in Lisbon earlier this year, in April, and I'd love to go back and see more of this incredible country.
I'm surprised to see things blooming that I associate more with late spring/early summer (crepe myrtles, hydrangeas) so late in the season.
May I ask what would be one of your favorite areas? Having only been to Lisbon, and then for such a short time, I'm pretty ignorant about Portugal.
Anyway, thanks again - great job.
Old Oct 11th, 2008, 05:29 PM

Rdfarr, thanks for sharing. Glad you indentified so many locations. Looks like you folks had a great time. Brings back memories....
Old Oct 11th, 2008, 05:44 PM

It is simply beautiful!! I have decided not to take out Lisbon from my Europe trip!
Old Oct 11th, 2008, 06:03 PM
Original Poster

I've come late to appreciate Portugal. This was my second trip in two years, and I'll go back for sure. The people are friendly. Prices are far more reasonable than in the more popular Western European countries. You can find plains, mountains, and seashores the equal to about anywhere else in Europe. Traffic on the highways is light. They have excellent wines, and their beer is far better than any of the popular American beers (but that's not saying much). You find few American fast food chains.
I especially liked motoring thru the Douro Valley. The manpower expended over the years to terrace the mountains for viticulture is incredible.
Old Oct 11th, 2008, 06:05 PM

Very nice work--thank you !
Old Oct 11th, 2008, 06:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lovely show - thanks! I'm headed for Lisbon the end of the month and I'm thinking of Evora as a day trip. Do you think it's worthwhile? There didn't seem to be much in the way of Roman ruins from your pix. Hope I get even half as much sunshine as you did!
Old Oct 11th, 2008, 07:01 PM

Your video is absolutely beautiful rdfarr. Such wonderful details and colors! And the music is delightful to listen to while enjoying your trip through Portugal.
Old Oct 11th, 2008, 07:10 PM

Beautiful video and special with fado music.
We lived in Lisbon for 2 years,,,(in the mid 70's, a long time ago...with 3 pre teenagers.
Your pictures brought back such fond memories...and of course we hold a special place in our hearts for Portugal.
I'll bet the Portuguese tourism office would love to have your video. It is very enticing.

Old Oct 11th, 2008, 07:49 PM
Original Poster

Thursdaysd:
RE: Your question about day trip to Evora.
Before I would day trip to Evora, I'd first do a day in Belem, Queluz, or Sintra.
The Roman ruins in my video are about the only ones in Evora that I saw. There apparently are some more ruins of less note, but I did not make a point of searching them out.