Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Please help me get from Naples to Positano by hydrofoil!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 08:39 AM
Marty

Help, please! I have searched and searched for a schedule--either the information I need is not there, or the websites that have recommended here in the past do not work. I am frantic, because I need to decide which train station for our arrival from Venice--Naples Central or Mergellina. If we are going to use the train and bus route, I know what to do and to go to Naples Central. If we choose to take the hydrofoil, I think we should arrive at Mergellina. I do not want to go to Mergellina station, if we are going to miss the hydrofoil. We will not arrive in Naples until at least 2:30 in the afternoon.I just cannot find a reliable schedule, so I can make a plan. I need to know before we leave, because we are not buying our train tickets until we get to Venice.

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 08:46 AM
Steve James

Hello Marty,<BR><BR>Someone posted recently that the Naples-Positano hydrofoil no longer runs.<BR><BR>Steve

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 09:45 AM
Marty

Thanks, Steve. Does anyone know where I can find an up-to-date schedule for the hydrofoil from Naples to Capri or Sorrento that will then go to Positano?

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 11:06 AM
Steve James

Marty - For services via Capri, seeBR>www.capri.net/home/en/transport.php<BR><BR>There's also a boat service from Salerno (Piazza della Concordia) which would be cheaper and may be quickerBR>www.salernocity.com/comune/trasporti/traghetti/navi.asp<BR>www.coopsantandrea.it<BR><BR>Hope this helps ...<BR><BR>Steve

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 11:23 AM
Steve James

P.S. Marty - You may want to double-check that the Naples-Positano service isn't running. <BR><BR>It was only ever a high season service, so it could re-start next month. One website lists it as restarting on 1.7. Others don't list it. <BR><BR>You could give them a ring, or Fax them.<BR><BR>Steve

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 11:49 AM
Stacey

Hi Marty- When are you going? I am in the same situation, except coming from Orvieto in September. Someone suggested taking the train to Salerno and then a boat to Positano. At least that is less transferring and what I can gather, those boats are pretty regular.

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 12:13 PM
Kay

Put a question out to Vincenzo. I think he might have even posted the schedule, so you should try a search first. He lives in the area and is good about answering questions. I understood that the hydrofoil runs from June - September from Naples, but when we were there May 12-16, we were told we couldn't take it to Capri because it needed repairs. That doesn't mean it isn't running now or that it is even the same hydrofoil! Good luck. Kay