Search

Place to stay in Naples

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26th, 2013, 04:55 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Place to stay in Naples

Hi ,

We will be stopping here for one night and wondered given all the mixed reviews where is a nicer place to stay in a nice safe part of the city? It would be good to have some tips on what to see in a day or where to eat/drink as we have such as short time there before moving onto Sorrento so proximity to train station I guess will also be a factor.

Thanks
Emily
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 05:46 AM

Its easy to found hotels in Naples,here are few hotels Double tree Suites by Hilton Naples,LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort Naples a bit costly.Make your time period a bit long so you can enjoy beauty of Naples with full of zest.
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 05:51 AM

I would assume this means Naples, Italy (regardless of the lack of tab), not Naples, Florida
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 06:01 AM

I think the OP means Naples, Italy. In Naples you may enjoy a visit to the Archeological Museum which contains ancient Greco-Roman art as well artifacts from Pompeii. The Naples Opera House is one of the oldest in Europe and while in Naples you must try the Margherita pizza which is not like North American pizza. I did not stay in a Naples Hotel so cannot comment on that.
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 06:19 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
This was an outstanding hotel and near the museum mentioned. Good restaurants just around the corner.

www.costantinopoli104.it
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 06:43 AM

Hotel Piazza Bellini was a 10 euro taxi from the train station, a short walk to the archaeological museum, and in the historic district. I found it the perfect place to stay one night in Naples. I also got a great internet rate for a room with a large terrace.
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 07:00 AM

Some eating and sightseeing suggestions :

http://www.fodors.com/community/euro...-and-paris.cfm
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 07:00 AM

I stayed at La Controra Hostel in Naples with a few girls. It was only 18 euros.. It was right by the metro so it was super convenient traveling from the train station. The workers there were helpful and knowledgeable about the area.

I wouldn't say it was a very nice part of town (I didn't see much nice in Naples). We only had to pay for the metro there twice because the gates are open most the time, oh well! Just a little tip!
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 07:02 AM

I second the recommendation for the Hotel Bellini. We stayed
there in April. The hotel was very clean with contemporary furnishings. There was a wonderful side garden in which to relax after sightseeing. Since the archeological museum was
our primary sightseeing goal, we appreciated the location.

Pat
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 08:12 AM

So long as you stay anyplace other than the train station area itself you will be in a good spot to enjoy Napoli and a taxi ride back to the station will be inexpensive. You can also take the ferry to Napoli if you like boat rides and are going during warmer weather.

What do you like to do when you travel? Napoli has quite a variety of attractions. Maybe you should google up "One day walking tour in Naples" or Top Ten Attractions in Naples.

As for food, it is true that Neopolitan pizza is quite different from American pizza -- and not everybody likes it. Napoli has such outstanding pasta dishes and such marveloous pastries, glorious seafood as well, that if pizza is not important to you then I wouldn't fill yourselves up on it (they are huge) at the expense of eating other fantastic food. You can find many places in Naples that in the evening that have both a pizza menu and a full menu, so if you've got a big appetite and would like to try both, that is possible.
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 08:15 AM

You may find our trip report and photos interesting - we spent Easter 2013 in Naples and really enjoyed it:

http://www.fodors.com/community/euro...and-photos.cfm
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 10:38 AM

My college aged kids stayed in a private room at the Hotel Ginevra and loved it. They have themed rooms and they were in the Africa room. They found the location in Naples to be great. If you want something different at a good rate, check it out.
Old Jul 22nd, 2013, 02:58 PM

I loved the Hotel Piazza Bellini right in the middle of things and within walking distance of the museum. I also stayed at the Marriott Renaissance near the port. It was a very nice hotel, but didn't have the same charm.
Old Jul 22nd, 2013, 04:18 PM

Another vote for hotel Bellini.