Phone number for Trenitalia

Feb 28th, 2007, 06:32 PM
Original Poster

Phone number for Trenitalia

does anyone have a phone number for Trenitalia? the one they have listed is 89-20-21 which isn't long enough. I know the country code is 39 but it still isn't long enough because every region in Italy has yet another code. thanks
Feb 28th, 2007, 07:34 PM

Hello Madison, I could be wrong but I do not think it is possible to phone Trenitalia from the US. If I am wrong someone will post and correct me.
Feb 28th, 2007, 09:13 PM

That's a pay by the minute number that only works in Italy. There has been a Rome office number posted on the board.
Feb 28th, 2007, 09:24 PM
Original Poster

Thanks. I have been having trouble booking tickets online through them.
Feb 28th, 2007, 09:30 PM

Hi Madison, when you have a moment in the Search Box here on Fodor's type in Trenitalia Phone Number. To the right where there is the list of the various European countries highlight Italy. Click on search. You will see something like 14 threads regarding your question on the left side of the screen (one by me that I don't even remember posting which gives a Fax No.). Read the various threads, maybe that will help you. Best wishes.
Feb 28th, 2007, 10:13 PM
Original Poster

LoveItaly - I will check it out. I am trying to book tickets between rome and florence and florence and venice and it says credit card has been denied. I have been on the phone with my credit card company and I tried again with them on the phone and the transaction isn't even going through to my credit card company. This is so strange.
Feb 28th, 2007, 11:02 PM

Hi Madison, I am still awake here on the west coast as I have to call an Italian friend in Italy in a moment so thought I would check back to see how you were doing.

Now, first question. When are you trying to make these train reservations for as you can only make them 60 days or less in advance. So if your trip will be more than 60 days from now that is the problem.

Madison, did you know that you can buy your tickets for Rome to Florence and then Florence to Venice when you first arrive in Rome? You can purchase them at the train station in Rome or at a travel agency in Rome or at the AMEX office in Rome which is right there at the Spanish Steps. I have never reserved a train ticket via the Trenitalia Web Site. You are going on a train route that has constant trains so just buying the tickets in Rome will work well for you.

Off to call Italy..best wishes to you, I will check your thread out tomorrow.
Mar 1st, 2007, 05:58 AM
Original Poster

LoveItaly - I am still being denied this morning. I may have tried too many times and I was typing in National instead of International (which I don't know if that makes a difference or not.) My thing is I like everything done ahead of time, but I am going to follow your advice and get the tickets when I arrive in Italy. I will be in each place long enough where I will have more than enough time. I am leaving in 48 days but who is counting I am so excited as this is will be my first trip there. Thank you for your help.
Mar 1st, 2007, 06:02 AM

Madison,

As LoveItaly says, buying these tickets is something that CAN wait til you get there. It's a good idea to review and print schedules to take with you so you will have an idea of the trains you want.
Mar 18th, 2007, 11:21 AM

Madison, I share your grief. I have spent too much time on line trying to get the same info. I was not successful. However, I finally learned that you can register on the Trenitalia website only if you have a Yahoo or hotmail email account. After establishing a Yahoo act., I made my arrangements without difficulty.