Reload this Page >

Paul Bocuse or Leon de Lyon?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29th, 2002, 08:07 AM
Julie

Wanting a special, romantic, extravagant evening with my fiancee during our stay in Lyon. Which restaurant would you choose....Paul Bocuse? Leon de Lyon? Other?

Old Jul 29th, 2002, 08:23 AM
arf

I don't know about Leon de Lyon but I have been to Paul Bocuse and was VERY<BR>disappointed. The food was so so and the sell of all things Bocuse was such a turnoff.

Old Jul 29th, 2002, 09:26 AM
Lori

Same as arf, I can't comment on Leon de Lyon, but was extremely disappointed in Paul Bocuse. Food and service were no impressive. We also ate at a wonderful place in Lyon called Restaurant Anticipation. Check rants and raves, I think it's there. Superb in every way.

Old Jul 29th, 2002, 07:25 PM
Mike

Any views on Auberge de l'Ile? Promoted to two stars this year by Michelin, on an island in the Saone.

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 01:23 AM
Chris

Friends of ours ate there (Auberge de l'Ile) and really enjoyed it.

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 04:14 PM
mimi taylor

Mike, when we went to Colmar, we took a chance and stopped at the Auberge de l'ille for lunch , though I read you must have reservations way in advance.<BR>It was a lovely experience, the husband was wearing shorts and they said if he could change into pants we would be most welcome. Luckily he had a pair to change and first, cocktails by the water with ducks and swans floating by. The owner stops by the tables and greets his friends and strangers like us, then you are seated inside for the meal. We loved every second there.

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 10:45 PM
ruth

I also ate at Bocuse and I found the service and food to be outstanding. However, the images of Bocuse everywhere were a bit much, like where he has himself as Jesus in a "last supper" picture, surrounded by other famous chefs. I also found the all male servers, one black valet in comical outfit and barely pubescent female "door greeter" to be very sexist-racist and obnoxious. Will the French ever really get with the new millenium?