Parking in Trastevere

Old Mar 2nd, 2005, 02:08 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Parking in Trastevere

Can anyone help me with Parking in Trastevere, Rome area?? Has anyone found a free area to park or for a small amount??
Old Mar 2nd, 2005, 02:20 PM

I seem to be having trouble getting my postings and replies to appear,but I'll give it another shot: I just returned from Rome,where I rented an apartment in Trastevere. Like all of Rome,parking and driving are something of a nightmare.Having said that,there was some street parking on Via Garibaldi(the lower segment,the upper segment leads along the Ganicolo Hill) for 1 euro an hour,I believe.
Old Mar 2nd, 2005, 02:23 PM
Original Poster

Thanks!!, I have rented an Apartment at TRASTEVERE - LARGO ANZANI. I need over night parking, not just hourly, or is this all there is is hourly?? Do you know where LARGO ANZANI is?
Old Mar 2nd, 2005, 02:26 PM

I don't know that street,but if you have the address you can use mapquest and you'll be set. Have you asked the rental agent for help with the parking? Also,are you SURE you want to have a car there?
Old Mar 2nd, 2005, 02:35 PM

I thought you were giving up the car idea and only getting it for your trip to Santa Philomena? A car is not necessary in Rome and, as you are finding out, is a hassle to find parking for. Largo Anzani is on the far south end of Trastevere, near the Trastevere train station--not a central location.
Old Mar 2nd, 2005, 02:38 PM
Original Poster

Yup! Just checking!! Almost ready to give up the car Idea!! My sister wanted me to check on the parking possibilities before we cancel our car rental!
Old Mar 2nd, 2005, 02:41 PM
Original Poster

Thats where we are!! Largo Anzani is on the far south end of Trastevere, near the Trastevere train station--not a central location. Roman Reference says this of the location -->> Nearby Porta Portese market (sundays only), 15 minute walk from Piazza S. Maria in Trastevere, nearby tram #8 riding every 3min. to Largo di Torre Argentina (Pantheon, Navona, Campo de' Fiori); I guess we take #8 TRAM to the center