Parking at Carmen Sercotel-Granada

Jun 7th, 2006, 10:20 PM
Original Poster

Parking at Carmen Sercotel-Granada

I will be travelling through Spain starting next week and my husband and I are driving to Granada from Sevilla. We are staying at the Carmen Sercotel and their web-site says that they have parking, but I've also read that driving through the city center of Granada is quite difficult. Should we park in one of the garages a little out of town, or is the garage at the hotel easy to find/use? Thanks!
Jun 8th, 2006, 05:27 AM

Try using the www.mappy.com or www.viamichelin.com web-sites - they will identify your hotel for your and show you the best routes; also your hotel should be able to give up the best directions from a local's point of view. There is huge car park next to the Alhambra - follow the signs to the alhambra, and then get the bus down into the town which goes from just outside the ticket office and stops in the main square. Your hotel should be able to advise.
Jun 8th, 2006, 05:30 AM

You can also use the Google mapping function to find the routes and if you use the "hybrid" option it will overlay the street names as well.

Granada is no more difficult to drive in than any other Spanish city IMO..and it very much IS a city as opposed to some small town (what I mistakenly though until I first went there).
Jun 8th, 2006, 06:19 AM

I was in that Hotel in Granada (some years ago) and, though I didn't have a car it is a very very central location in front of El Corte Ingles department store, I don't think you will have any problem there, maybe you can call the hotel and ask , Spain seems to be with a new work on the streets in all cities everyday By the way, the food was really good at the hotel if they haven't changed !
Jun 9th, 2006, 12:11 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for all of the advice. It was very helpful!