Parishuttle Question

Search

Parishuttle Question

Search this Thread

Old May 12th, 2008, 11:15 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Parishuttle Question

I'm thinking of using Parishuttle to get from the airport to my hotel and have a couple of questions. I know I could ask them of Parishuttle, but they are closed now.

Their website quotes prices that vary based on the number of people. If it is a shared shuttle, not private, why would the fare differ? I need only 1 spot, would my fare differ based on how many people on the van or how many in my party?

When I call from CDG for pickup, will a person answer the phone or will it be a machine and then I enter my confirmation # or something? I do not speak French, so I just want to know what to expect and what I should be prepared to say in either English or French.

For my return trip, I am staying at the Hilton at CDG. If I book the shuttle for the return, do you think they might drop me off at the hotel? Anyone had a similar experience? If not, I would then need to catch the Hilton shuttle, which isn't a big deal, but if it turns out I need to do that, might it be easier for me to taxi from hotel to RER to hotel?

Thanks everyone! I leave Weds and am trying to figure my remaining logistics.

Jane
Old May 12th, 2008, 11:29 AM

That's very odd that the shuttle company is closed now. Hmmm.

Many shuttles give a price break if there are 2 people traveling together. Yes...it is very unfair. You will pay 27 Euro. Two people together will pay 19.90 Euro each.

Here's my experience with Leader Shuttle (leadershuttle.com). They will meet you at the airport with a sign with your name on it. There is also a phone number to call them for free, if you need to. They charge 25 Euro for 1 person. I can't speak for Paris Shuttle since I don't have any experience with them. I highly recommend either Leader or Yellow Shuttles.

I would think that all shuttle companies have someone who is multi lingual. I'm sure it won't be a problem not speaking French.

As to dropping you off at the Hilton you would need to email them and ask that question. That way you have a written confirmation if they agree to drop you at the Hilton.

Old May 12th, 2008, 12:31 PM

Hi. We used Parishuttle for two roundtrips recently. When you call from the CDG, a person answers, but speaks English. I just said, "Bonjour..." and then spoke English. No problem with that at all. They tell you which exit door to meet the driver, and all four drivers we had were very friendly and very English-speaking.

I believe the fare depends on how many in your party. We did shared vans every time, with two people.

For your return trip, I believe they will drop you wherever you want, so I think (if I am understanding you correctly) that they will pick you up at your hotel in central Paris and drop you off at the airport Hilton. They have a phone number that I called to confirm my return trips (also English-speaking). You should be able to call and verify that information at the number below.

+ 33 1 53 39 18 18 (between 8AM and 8 PM)
Old May 12th, 2008, 01:31 PM

I don't think it's unfair for the price to vary by number of people in the party, it makes complete sense. The more people, the less stops they have to make, and less driving/less gas, takes up less time, etc. Surely you can see that if six people in the van all were single and had six different stops in Paris, their time and costs would be completely different than if they had two parties of three people each in the van.
Old Jul 12th, 2008, 06:24 PM

Avoid the Paris Shuttle. We arrived at CDG at 9:30am and rang them as requested. We were told where to wait. After 30 minutes, called again, told the shuttle was on the way. 4 phone calls, many promises and 1 and a half hours later, we were finally picked up. Others waiting for a shuttle told similar stories. We then had a horrific trip to our hotel, via 3 others and finally arrived at 1:30pm, total trip time of 4 hours and half a day wasted.
Old Jul 12th, 2008, 07:23 PM

Just a note.

You can take the CDG "train" system to and from the Hilton. If you have an early morning departure I recommend this. The shuttle from the airport to the hotel doesn't start running as early as I needed it to and the front desk does NOT really mention this option. I figured it out from watching other guests and then went to quiz the front desk.

Old Jul 13th, 2008, 01:13 AM

I have used Paris shuttle a few times with no problems...but 2 weeks ago they just got us to the train station in time for our train back to London.
Our apartment was on Boulevard St Germain, and clearly numbered but as that part is one way, he kept driving by! He eventually parked outside Cafe de Flore' and walked back to us at #190.
I just booked on the internet with no problems. Our driver was waiting for us at the station with a name card.
On our return trip, we rang with no problems (in English) to check why the delay. Enjoy your trip
Old Jul 13th, 2008, 03:41 AM

Why are you using a CDG hotel for your last night? Why not just stay in Paris and go from there?
Old Jul 13th, 2008, 05:03 AM

I can't speak for the OP. But my last flight out of Paris left around 7 AM.

I don't really want to think about what time I had to get up to leave Paris in time to make this flight.

It was easier (and cheaper) to stay at CDG. I took the RER and used a free night stay at the Hilton!
Old Jul 13th, 2008, 06:37 AM

It would be helpful if you would quote a website not just 'Paris shuttle', especially when you have a complaint. There are any number of them, some with nearly the same name.

www.parishuttle.com
www.paris-airport-shuttle.com
www.shuttle-paris.com
www.yellowvanshuttle.com
Old Jul 15th, 2008, 12:04 PM

I used airport-connection.com and had a great experience. You can pull up my thread, by typing in the SEARCH box..."Guenmai's Paris Apartment Rental Experience" and I've written about it there. Happy Travels!