Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Paris Restaurant for an EARLY (~18h30) New Year's Eve dinner?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17th, 2007, 09:36 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi folks,

I have a group of 6 friends all celebrating New Year's Eve together in Paris. I'm actually going to be hosting a New Year's Eve party that night beginning around 9pm, so I we were hoping to be able to have a nice dinner somewhere at 6:30pm. The problem seems to be that most places have a set menu later in the evening, and I'm thinking many restaurants might only have one seating, which includes the celebration at midnight.

Do you have any suggestions for a nice restaurant that might serve at 6:30pm on New Year's Eve, and hopefully not charge over 200 euro for a full-on New Year's Eve celebration? We'd ideally like to spend less than 100 euro per person, everything included.

Also, I just emailed Le Train Bleu near Gare de Lyon to see if they could accommodate us -- any thoughts on this restaurant would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Rob
Old Dec 17th, 2007, 09:40 AM

Few Paris restaurants open before 7:00 or 7:30--I suspect you'll have trouble finding something early on New Year's Eve especially.

Le Train Bleu is a beautiful restaurant; that would be a good choice if you can get a reservation at the time you want.
Old Dec 17th, 2007, 09:45 AM

Actually, I think some restaurants specifically have an early dinner seating on that night to cram more people in, and the early seating is a lot cheaper than the later one, of course. I wouldn't count on 6:30, but I think I"ve seen some at 7 pm. IN fact, there was a recent post on here about one of them which you can probably fine.
Old Dec 17th, 2007, 09:47 AM

I found the post, it's titled "Cheap New Year's Eve..." and said that Polidor's had a cheaper 7 pm dinner seating on that night. Sounds good to me.
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 12:41 PM
Original Poster

Hey guys!

My apologies for not replying earlier to this. (I'm the original poster.) Since I was hosting a party on New Year's Eve, I decided to move our celebratory dinner to the evening before (i.e., Dec. 30) at the Restaurant Georges in the Pompidou Centre. We loved it, and probably wound up there for about 4 hours total. And the New Year's Eve party was great fun as well. Thanks for the replies, and I'm hoping to try both Le Train Bleu and Polidor's sometime soon.

Cheers,
Rob