Paris rental apt question

Sep 9th, 2005, 01:20 PM
Original Poster

Paris rental apt question

How strict are the rental companies in terms of number of people staying in their apartments? In other words, if I found an apartment I love for 3 people, would they consider letting me squeeze in a small 4th person? Do I dare even ask or will I be laughed off the phone?
Sep 9th, 2005, 01:26 PM

I don't know whethe it's an issue with the price or anything, but it may be an issue regarding your comfort...
Depends on what furnishings are provided that make the apartment "suitable" for 3 (a double bed + twin?) That might not be comfy for a 4th person..
Sep 9th, 2005, 02:09 PM
Original Poster

I keep wondering if a hotel would be a better bet - the 4th person will only be with us for 2 days. I just don't want to have a large apartment for me and 2 12 year olds for 6 nights. I could always get 2 hotel rooms for 2 nights and then go down to 1 for the remainder. i agree with you about he comfort, although we've made do with much less! Thanks
Sep 9th, 2005, 04:22 PM

I think they are pretty strict, they have a lot of reasons to worry, because neighbors can complain. It's also an issue of wear and tear, I'm sure. A lot of it is just to tell you the number of bed accommodations, but you do have to state the number of persons on the contract (at least, I have). Believe me, if a rental apartment was inappropriately housing 10 people and the neighbors were unhappy, they'd complain about it.

It would violate your contract probably, if they found it, and I guess they could keep your deposit or something. Where do you intend to squeeze in a 4th person? All Paris vacation apts list every conceivable bedding arrangement already that I've seen to cram in as many as possible.

However, you say you found something you love for 3 people and you think it would suit 4? What is the bedding arrangement that would allow that? If you really think it's possible, I don't see any harm in asking the owners or agency if it's okay, as long as you tell them the age/size of this person and where you think they'll sleep.
Sep 9th, 2005, 04:32 PM
jgg

I agree, go ahead and ask them. Tell them the 4th person will only be there for 2 nights. If they laugh you off the phone, then it wasn't meant to be and you will have to find another place.

It is their perogative to determine how many people they want sleeping in their apartment. If they are not comfortable with the extra person for two nights, then so be it.

Keep at it and I am sure you will find the perfect place.
Sep 9th, 2005, 06:26 PM

Some apartments adjust the rate based on the number of occupants, as they do have to provide additional linens, etc. But it's worth asking.
Sep 9th, 2005, 09:04 PM

Check out the website www.vacationinparis.com, they are a U.S. based company in New Jersey. They have 800 # in the states so you can call them and tell them what you need. We have rented 3 apartments with them. Because they are individually owned, the upkeep is different for each. Two of them we loved, the third was ok.

Search this Thread