Notices

paris questions

Old Jan 25th, 2007, 04:57 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
paris questions

hello everyone,

going to Paris in May; a friend is joining us and wants to see a glitzy type show. ( we are all around 50 ). I have heard of the Crazy Horse, Moulin Rouge, and been to the Lapin Agile. Are there any other options and does anyone recommend any? We arent rich but might splurge out one night if it is worth it.

Also, how can I reserve tickets to LOrangerie ( these are the only tickets we want so wont get a pass this time. )

thanks very much for any help you can give me.

Pat
Old Jan 25th, 2007, 05:47 PM

My parents just loved the lido www.lido.fr Prices vary depending on if you have dinner or just come for the show.
Old Jan 25th, 2007, 06:12 PM

Just an idea here... and I don't know your interests, but you might enjoy the opera or the ballet more. You can get cheaper tickets and better entertainment.
Old Jan 25th, 2007, 07:52 PM

no personal recs, but here are some other shows:
www.lido.fr
www.paradis-latin.com
www.lanouvelleeveparis.com
www.foliesbergere.com

You can reserve tickets for Musee de l'Orangerie on the FNAC website and pick them up in one of the larger stores in Paris...
http://www.fnacspectacles.com/recher...e&categorie=-7
Old Jan 25th, 2007, 09:02 PM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Of course, you might also be interested in the show at "Michou," the transformist cabaret.
Old Feb 6th, 2007, 01:58 PM
Original Poster

thank you all for your suggestions:
kerouac, what is the cabaret you mentioned?

Pat
Old Feb 6th, 2007, 02:16 PM

don't go there, especially if you don't know French. well, I guess I don't know your taste, it's a transvestite show up in Pigalle area ... very expensive drinks if you don't buy dinner show. Costs about the same as the other cabarets and you need to book in advance as it is pretty popular. It would be different and you would have something to talk about. This is the show link, but it is only in French (if you go into that section, you can see photos and get some idea, though)
http://www.michou.fr/

YOu can buy advance tickets to l'Orangerie online at www.fnac.com, but I think that is only in French, also.
Old Feb 6th, 2007, 03:03 PM

There have been many a discussion on this board about these places, whether they are tourist traps, overpriced, etc.. I'll leave you to search for the threads and decide for yourself.I went to the Paradis Latin back when. Now that I've been, I'd not go back to any of those shows.

I do think that there is some concensus that the meal portion is overpriced. So I would recommend eating somewhere else and taking in the late show.
Old Feb 6th, 2007, 03:30 PM

Yes, skip any and all meals. OTOH, an expensive bottle of Champagne may be obligatory, at least for good seating.

It has been about 20 years for me. The Lido was a spectacular stage show, better than any I've seen in Las Vegas. The Crazy Horse was an unbelievable erotic experience. I will go again this year even though I am only 64. Hey, I am not dead yet!