Paris or Parague

Old Apr 10th, 2012, 09:21 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paris or Parague

Hi All

We ( Me and my Husband, in late 20's) are visiting Europe for a 15 Day trip in Mid July, 2012. This is our first trip to Europe.

We are planning to visit - Italy (8 Nights - Rome, Florence, Venice), Switzerland (3 Nights - Interlaken and jungfraujoch region).

After visiting Switzerland, we have 3 Days and 3 Nights on our trip to explore one more city. We love walking, sightseeing, exploring culture, Architecture, Music and Food.

We are really confused between Paris and Parague. Any suggestions which city could be a better fit, given we get to do something different from rest of our trip.

We were earlier considering Barcelona, but then dropped it. So, we can keep it for a separate Spain Trip.

Suggestions will be really helpful. Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 10th, 2012, 09:37 AM

And you are returning from where? That might help in deciding.

I would choose Paris.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mksfca/...7624827228334/
Old Apr 10th, 2012, 09:46 AM

Also think about where you might travel to in the future. If you have a trip to London on your wishlist you could easily add a few days in Paris onto that trip. It would cost you more time and expense to travel London to Prague.

If you have a trip to Budapest on your wishlist then you might want to wait to visit Prague when you could tag that visit onto a visit to Budapest.

I love Prague but if I wasn't sure I'd ever get to Europe again I'd chooose Paris, no question.
Old Apr 10th, 2012, 10:11 AM

Definitely Paris. Makes also more sense logistically.
Old Apr 10th, 2012, 10:52 AM
Original Poster

@ Michael - We will be booking an open jaw flight. So, we are open to book our return flight to US from anywhere.

@Pat_in_Chicago - Makes Sense. I feel i should keep Parague for a later trip and possibly combine with Budapest & Austria.

@Ingo - Thanks !

Has anyone gone to both the cities ? Is there one city you would go again given a single choice?
Old Apr 10th, 2012, 11:59 AM
jgg

Personally, 8 days for Rome, Venice, Florence is not enough time. I would add the time to Italy. If this is a tour and you can't add the time, then I would probably pick Paris. I have been to both Paris and Prague (honestly, I'm not a big Paris lover, and I did enjoy Prague), but I agree that Paris just goes better with your itinerary, and as someone else said, if you may not be back to Europe, then definitely Paris.
Old Apr 10th, 2012, 12:27 PM
Original Poster

@Jgg - We are touring by ourselves. We will see if we can add days to to Northern Italy. Thanks for your suggestion.
Old Apr 10th, 2012, 02:57 PM
jgg

I actually meant to add days to Rome, Venice and Florence not add an additional Italian location (unless Northern Italy just meant Venice). With your eight days, if you added the three that you were going to do Paris or Prague so you have 11 I would do 5 Rome, 3 Florence and 3 Venice.
Old Apr 11th, 2012, 08:55 AM

I don't understand why you don't use those days in the places you already are, also, to make better use of the amount of money you are already spending in getting to Italy (or Switzerland, but you are just breezing through Italy). I would not try to tack on another couple days in yet another part of Europe, not to mention the time and money you'll spend getting there.
Old Apr 11th, 2012, 01:41 PM

I agree with adding the extra days to the places you are already visiting rather than trying to squeeze in another country.
Old Apr 11th, 2012, 01:56 PM
blh

Definitely Paris. Prague is interesting, but Paris is wonderful. We've been to Prague once, but are planning our sixth trip to Paris in the fall. Of course, you could easily add the time to Italy and save Paris for another trip. If that's what you want to do.
Old Apr 11th, 2012, 05:48 PM

I think you are making the classic newbir mistake - trying to d oway to many places in two little time. IMHO Rome needs at least 4 days (5 nights) and Florence and Vencie at least 3 das (4 nights) - esp i dyou are going to do a hill town day trip from Florence.

If you have never been to either I would definitely choose Paris over Prague (note - there is no such place as Parague) even though I love the latter. (And yes I hae been to the former at least 15 times and the latter 3 times - and never run out of things to see/do in either one.) But again, a first trip to Paris should be at least 4 days (5 nights) - but I would do 5 days/6 nights.

IMHO you are ust trying to stuff too many places in too few days.
Old Apr 12th, 2012, 09:01 AM
Original Poster

@thanks everyone for inputs.

We are reconsidering the itinerary. mostly we will add more days to Rome.

i hear unanimous echo of Paris from this thread.
Old Apr 12th, 2012, 09:06 AM

Definitely Paris over Prague - and I have been to both cities many times. However, I think your itinerary looks EXHAUSTING. Seriously, consider slowing down and spending your entire trip in Italy.
Old Apr 12th, 2012, 09:53 PM
Original Poster

@ter- I understand the concerns. we want to visit atleast 2 countries in 14 days, so we can experience different cultures. We can definitely squeeze down the destinations to just 4 stops, so we can spend more time at each place.