Paris in February

Old Dec 14th, 2002, 02:50 PM
angie

Paris in February

I'm making my first trip to Paris in February. I will be there 4 days. What area should I stay in and what are the MUST DOs for a trip of this length.
I'm 44 yo and will be traveling with a friend.

Old Dec 14th, 2002, 02:53 PM
xxx

Angie, You are probably new here. There are about a billion threads about what to do in Paris. You want to do a search. You'll have more info than you'll know what to do with.

Old Dec 14th, 2002, 06:54 PM
xxx

Why don't you spend $25 for a few guidebooks? Rick Steves, Fodor's, Rough, etc.

Old Dec 14th, 2002, 08:03 PM
some

you don't even have to buy those guidebooks, you can get a lot of information from guidebooks free online, certainly what the MUST DOs are. Fodors will give you one for free telling you the main attractions, see their miniguide section on the front page.

There is no one particular area that all tourists should stay in, just stay generally in the center of the city for convenience to the MUST DOs

Old Dec 15th, 2002, 06:10 AM
Mike

We're going to Paris in February for 4 days over Valentine's Day weekend. This forum has provided a lot of info on sites, accommodations, subway/bus transportation, etc.

I'm looking at all this information, got a map of Paris, and plotted out an aggressive itinerary. It was fun searching the web trying to pick & chose and saving some things for a future trip.

Old Dec 15th, 2002, 03:09 PM
Vanessa

I did a four day trip to Paris last December. I fell in love with the city, and found four days was too short! Depending where your interests lie, a must-see for me was the Musee Rodin. I went first thing in the morning when they opened, and it was brisk and sunny, which was a perfect backdrop to the garden setting surrounding the sculptures.

Shopping was a highlight. If you enjoy shopping for all things French, and you find something you like - buy it. I regret not buying more of the things I wanted, especially after realizing some of those luxury items were 30% or more cheaper than here in the U.S. (i.e. perfume and designer wares).