Paris Hotels -- Saint-Germain

Aug 30th, 2002, 11:00 AM
anon

Paris Hotels -- Saint-Germain

Considering the Welcome Hotel, Hotel des Canettes, Hotel Bonaparte, and the Hotel Eugenie. My husband and I will be in Paris the first week of January and want a hotel in the middle of the action! We don't mind noise. We just want to be near lots of restaurants and bars...Price range $100 to about $140. Any input on these hotels?? Thanks!

Aug 30th, 2002, 11:02 AM
Liz

Amanda, stop, it's a holiday weekend, you'll get answers soon.

Aug 30th, 2002, 12:01 PM
Elfie

I was just in Paris for 5 glorious nights and stayed in the St. Germain des pres area and absolutely loved it. We stayed at the Hotel Lennox and loved it. The rooms are small but very charming and their bar is fab. You are close to all kinds of restaurants, bars and the Latin quarter and very close to the Seine. We paid 112 euros for a double. the staff was so friendly and helpful as well. I would definetly go back. Other than that there is the Rue Cler area that we also spent time in. An area where the locals hang out and the food is great and so reasonable. there is a great hotle there that I checked out that is so charming and it offers internet access and is so reasonable but I will have to dig out the brochure from my suitcase cause I cannot remember the name and I am still travelling in Europe. I will get back to you.

Sep 2nd, 2002, 01:26 PM
Amanda

Sorry Liz! I didn't think my first message posted for some reason.

Sep 2nd, 2002, 01:36 PM
boston

K+K Hotel Cayre at Rue du Bac metro. Roomy, clean, just renovated, and reasonably priced (we paid about $150/night).

Sep 2nd, 2002, 02:36 PM
Emily

We are leaving on Sat for our first Europe trip. A friend stayed at the Welcome Hotel in March and was very happy with it, so we'll be staying 5 nights. The rate is 90 euro/night. We're going for 19 days. I am thrilled beyond belief. I discovered this site in May, and am grateful for all the tips. We're going to London, Paris, Florence. It's a romantic 25th anniversary celebration. Wish us luck.

Sep 5th, 2002, 05:44 PM
jeanne

We're staying at Hotel Bonaparte in October. 104€. It gets really great reviews on Fodor's "Rant and Rave" section on Paris Hotels. All our correspondence is by fax...they've been most effecient and helpful.

Oct 24th, 2002, 03:57 PM
cl

Does Hotel Bonaparte have an email address and/or website? Would like to inquire about their rates as the hotel has gotten very good reviews. Thanks.

Oct 25th, 2002, 07:29 AM
andy

My wife and I have stayed at the following hotels:
1. Le Sainte Beauve
2. Hotel Pas des Calais
Location for both is everything you would want - "in the action" - close
to Metro- right off St Germaine Blvd-
both have web sites. Have fun. We will
return in spring.

Oct 25th, 2002, 08:16 AM
Ira

Hi CL
Hotel Bonaparte has neither website nor EML. You can contact them at

Hôtel Bonaparte
61 rue Bonaparte, 6th

phone 331.43.26.97.37
fax 331.46.33.57.67

Oct 25th, 2002, 08:22 AM
Sue

Because of its location, the Welcome Hotel is very noisy at night. I think there are lots of other good budget hotels in the middle of the action that are much nicer.