Reload this Page >

Hotel Paris Rivoli

Search

Hotel Paris Rivoli

Search this Thread

Old May 9th, 1999, 03:38 PM
frances

Hotel Paris Rivoli

<BR>This is the hotel offered on a very inexpensive package: any info would be appreciated. How far is it from the tourist stuff?

Old May 11th, 1999, 10:39 AM
gregoire

Frances, <BR>Are you sure this is an inexpensive package ? This should be one of the best places in Paris ! At least the location is perfect. You'll just have to walk outside to find the wonderfull things Paris has to show -not even take the subway or anything. <BR>As I said in a previous post, about 200 meters far from your hotel you should find an temporary exhibit of 60 nympheas of Monet, till the 2nd of august : how about that ? <BR>I'd be curious to know what kind of price you get...

Old Jul 28th, 2003, 03:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to dig up this old post, but I have spent some time today &quot;bargain shopping&quot; for Paris hotels. Although Rue Rivoli would hardly be considered &quot;quiet&quot; I did find a good rate for this hotel, and would like to know if anyone has stayed there recently. I know it is not the Ritz, but hopefully it is not the Roach Motel either.
Old Jul 28th, 2003, 04:41 PM

Hi, I stayed at the Hotel Paris Rivoli about 5 years ago. It is near the Marais, about 2 blocks from the St. Paul metro stop. I thought it was a great location, but if you are thinking it is up by the Louvre and the expensive shops, you're mistaken. The metro line runs through the Bastille area and up through the Arc de Triomphe. Walking distance to Hotel Dieu, the BHV store, Notre Dame, Ile de St. Louis and Marais. The rooms were clean, in need of some updating but still functional. We were on the Rue de Rivoli side of the building and it was kind of noisy because of the traffic at all hours. The rooms on the courtyard side are very quiet. A friend stayed in one of those rooms a couple years ago and liked the location as well. It wasn't the fanciest hotel I have stayed in but far from the worst. The concierge at the time was extremely helpful. I don't know what your package price is, but I paid about $100 a night 5 years ago and thought it was a good price.
Old Jul 28th, 2003, 06:04 PM

cls2paris; thanks for your response. No, I didn't think it was near the Louvre, I looked at my map and thought it would be convenient and wanted to make sure it wasn't ready to be condemned (the website photos looked nice but you know how that can go). I'll keep it on my list for a while - thanks again for your input.