Good 3 Star Hotels in Paris

Oct 28th, 2002, 09:34 AM
Elaine

Good 3 Star Hotels in Paris

Any recommendations out there for 3 Star Hotels in 5 & 6. I've read Le Grande Ecoles is very nice. Appreciate any references.. We want to be close to a Metro Station and near the River if possible. ALso I've heard some hotels are noisy, quiet at nite would be good...

Oct 28th, 2002, 02:06 PM
elaine

Hi Elaine
If you do a search here on Paris hotel, you will find many suggestions, and the favorites mentioned often are mostly in the 5th and 6th, though some of the favorites here might be 2 stars. My personal recommendation in the 6th is the d'Aubusson on rue Dauphine. Rue Dauphine has a little traffic noise from horns in the morning rush hour because it offers access to Pont Neuf, but otherwise it is a narrow quiet street all day and at night. Extremely convenient location, two nearby metro stops: Odeon, and St-Michel. The d'Aubusson two years ago, last time I stayed there, was beautifully decorated and in pristine condition. We had a superior twin room which was quite large for Paris. I have read that the non-superior rooms are quite a bit smaller. Excellent modern bathroom. Pricey but very good breakfast available with good coffee.
All hotel services. Museum pass sold in the lobby at no extra charge.

Oct 28th, 2002, 02:08 PM
elaine

sorry, I misread your posting, though it was quite clear, and I thought you were looking for 3 OR 4 star hotels. Forget the above, the d'Aubusson is a 4.

Oct 28th, 2002, 02:28 PM
Rebecca

I stayed at Hotel de l'Odeon in Paris with a friend of mine a few years ago. The location was great, off the main street with lots of restaurants nearby and the Metro approx. 2 blocks away. Very 'happening' area. I would stay there again. Very inexpensive as well and friendly, helpful staff. http://www.bookings.org/fr/hotels/lodeon

Oct 28th, 2002, 02:50 PM
xxx

Hotel Millesime on Rue Jacob is a good choice. Do a search here.