Reload this Page >

Paris hotels -- need triple room

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 21st, 2002, 12:21 PM
Claudia

Help! I'm trying to find a hotel in either the 5th or 6th that will accomodate 2 adults and a teenager PLUS is airconditioned. <BR><BR>I have reservations at the Mercure La Sorbonne but I am having a hard time getting them to fax the confirmation, despite the fact the front desk manager yelled at me this morning because I "kept calling him". Needless to say I'm having second thoughts, although the supposed room is a duplex.<BR><BR>Anyone out there have experience traveling with 3 people who need some space?

Old May 21st, 2002, 12:27 PM
Claudia

I forgot to mention the dates- July 20-26; just before the Tour de France returns to Paris

Old May 21st, 2002, 12:35 PM
elaine

Hi, this is in the 7th, but it's very often praised, Hotel Palais du Bourbon<BR>www.globe-market-com Has large rooms, and a/c.

Old May 21st, 2002, 12:53 PM
Sue

I stayed in a triple in Le Clement in the 6th. Very well situated, but a two-star. No minibar, but A/C. According to france.com, they have a minisuite with two connecting rooms, but one bath. I liked the hotel very much. Check the following site (where I booked) for comments and availability (the minisuite is available at E135).<BR><BR>http://digital.france.com/hotels/hoteldetails.ihtml?HotelID=479<BR><BR>My trip report gives more details.<BR><BR>http://www.fodors.com/forums/pgMessages.jsp?fid=2&tid=1371813<BR><BR>Good luck! I had the same problem with Champs de Mars; people just don't realize how disconcerting it is to have your reservations messed up in a foreign country after a long flight!

Old May 21st, 2002, 01:04 PM
Mike Shaw

Claudia,<BR><BR>I stayed at Hotel Le Notre Dame in the 5th arr. They have a room that has a double bed in one area and a loft with another double bed, so the teenager could have some privacy. The view out of the window is fantastic, since the hotel is 1/2 block from Notre Dame cathedral,and the window looks out over the Seine and the cathedral. No AC unfortunately (at least not in 1995), but the location and views are "primo". The hotel is located along a busy street, but we did not find it too noisy and could leave the window open.<BR>

Old May 21st, 2002, 01:20 PM
M

grand hotel st. michel (3*) in the 5th, definitely has a triple (2 room suite). i don't know if it has a/c.

Old May 21st, 2002, 02:28 PM
alison

Have the same problem-2 of us w/teenager. We booked the Abbatial St. Germain in the 5th. Has a/c and they gave us a balcony. But this is for October (168 Euro/night); b'fast is extra @ 8 Euro/pp. Good luck as you're going soon.<BR>

Old May 21st, 2002, 05:37 PM
xxxx

Why don't you contact Accor directly the Mercure Hotel is part of the Accor chain. They have an 800 number or go on www.accor.com, you can also ask for the Novotel also family friendly. When I travel with my children to Paris I stay at the Holiday Inn, pick one in the area your looking.

Old May 21st, 2002, 06:07 PM
Shannon

We always stay at Hotel Aiglon on Blvd. Raspail. It's in the 14th, but a block from the 6th and a block from the Luxembourg Gardens. We travel as a family of 3, sometimes 4. Rooms 45 and 55 are suites, very reasonable. 2 rooms, 1 1/2 baths (VERY good with husbands who read War & Peace in the bathroom!). Air conditioning was added in 1998 to the hotel. 3 balconies in these rooms. Right across the street from the Metro and the Montparnasse Cemetery; right down the block from Le Dome, La Coupole, etc. Very reasonably priced.

Old May 22nd, 2002, 02:07 PM
Claudia

Thanks to all of you for your help. I have contacted the Accor direct, many times. I have talked to reps in the US and Australia and neither have been able to get the Paris hotel to confirm the information either.<BR><BR>I have tentative reservations at the Hotel Le Notre Dame in a duplex room. Apparently they have renovated and do have airconditioning now. So far, they've been responsive.<BR><BR>I will check out all your other suggestions, too, since the Hotel Le Notre Dame is a little bit over our budget (but the location looks great).<BR>