Paris hotel with an 11-year old

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 15th, 2003, 06:56 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am searching for a hotel in Paris for my wife and I with our 11-year old son. We want a double bed and a real single bed (not a sofabed). One option is 2 adjoining rooms but only if they are really adjoining. I have looked at apartments too. I would prefer the Ste-Germain area but anywhere in Arron. 1-7 is good. 3 stars seems to be what we are looking at. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Old May 16th, 2003, 02:53 AM

Try the Hotel Danube. It is in the 6th and has a super location. Stayed there for 10 days in March in their "junior apartment". It had two double beds, great bathroom and a small sitting area. Great staff too. I would definitely stay their again. Their website www.hoteldanube.fr
Old May 16th, 2003, 02:55 AM

Here's a long shot, and it's in the 9th, but within easy walking distance of 2 Metro stops. It's a long shot because when we stayed there years ago it was a Comfort Hotel, but is now part of the High Tech chain and has been renovated. But if you don't find anything else, it might be worth contacting them.

Anyway, when it was a Comfort Hotel, it had some triple rooms with a double bed and a single bed in an offset alcove that had louvered folding doors for privacy.

It's now the High Tech Hotel Monmartre at 2 Rue de Calais. There's another one nearby, the High Tech Calais Monmartre at 65 Rue Blanche.

Again, they're in the 9th, but convenient to 2 Metro stops (Clichy and Blanche).
Old May 16th, 2003, 05:18 AM

Hotel de Nice in the 4th between St. Paul and Hotel de Ville on Rue de Rivoli had triples for 120 euros a night. Not huge but clean, cute, and cozy. Good service. Definite positive recent rec. Its a 2-star I think.
Old May 16th, 2003, 05:18 AM

By the way if youre with an 11-year old a visit to the Catacombes is a must.
Old May 16th, 2003, 05:26 AM

Last year, my husband and I stayed at Hotel de la Bretonnerie in the 4th. Our suite had one large bed in one room, a twin bed in the next room and a very large bathroom. The toilet, shower, and sink were each in a separate little area within the bathroom, so it would be comfortable for three people. We payed 180 euros one year ago and loved the hotel.
Old May 16th, 2003, 05:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I second the recommendation for the du Danube. We really liked the hotel and the location was great on Rue Jacob. The rooms are older (at least ours was - I think we were in Rm231), but perfectly comfortable. We did not have a sitting area, really, since I picture a small sofa or something when I hear that phrase, but there was room in one of the rooms for a round table and two chairs. You should do a search for "family hotels" and you will turn up several recommendations including Hotel Familia.
Old May 16th, 2003, 08:15 AM

Rick Steve's book mentions several hotels with triples (and some quads.)
Old May 16th, 2003, 08:38 AM

We had 4 of us in the family room (2 room suite) at the Grand Hotel St. Michel (in the Latin Qtr, near Sorbonne). It was far from roomy but did have the bedroom and living room area separate. The livingroom had a day (twin) bed and in our case they added a rollaway so it really was crowded. Both rooms has TVs and there was a little refridgerator as well. We faced a courtyard, it wasn't scenic but it was very quiet. This hotel is 3*.
Old May 17th, 2003, 05:11 PM

Hotel de Fleurie, which is just off St. Germaine, offers a family room which is two rooms ( one with queen bed, the other with two twins) with a bathroom inbetween. It's a wonderful hotel in an excellent location. My only hesitation is that it may be slightly out of your budget if you're looking for a three star. I think when I last looked into it a year ago, the family room ran about $275/night.
Your other option might be to look into the Citadines property on St. Germaine. They offer one bedrooms, which should certainly accomodate your family. I don't know the rate, but I'm sure you can find it by checking on their website.

Good luck, and have a great time!
Old May 18th, 2003, 02:49 PM

Other options are:

Hotel Dauphine (family room)

Hotel Residence des Arts

Hotel D'Aubusson ( they have rooms with a third bed on a mezanine)- 4 stars

Hotel Villa D'Estress

Hotel Belloy ( a double bed plus another single bed in the same room)

Hotel de L'Odeon at Rue st. Sulpice

Hotel Le Sainte Beuve ( two communicating rooms, one standard, one superior)

These are all very nice hotels in the 6éme.
Old May 18th, 2003, 03:40 PM
mjs

The Citadines St Germain has an unbeatable location but will probably be close to $300 US/night with the current exchange rate. The one bedroom also has a trundle bed in the living room so it seems this will not do. Could check the other Citadines.
Old May 18th, 2003, 03:47 PM

Surlock!! Hello! It's been such a long time since I have seen your name! Glad to see you posting
Old May 19th, 2003, 04:47 AM

The Palais Bourbon has triple rooms, real triples I think, and it has been much praised here in the past.