Search

Paris Hotel - parents + 2 children

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27th, 2005, 08:38 AM
eri
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paris Hotel - parents + 2 children

We are looking for a hotel room in Paris for parents with 2 children (12 and 8). Can anyone suggest a hotel that has rooms for 4? 2 double or queen beds will be great.
Old Jul 27th, 2005, 09:31 AM

Check out <www.parishotels.com> and you will find more than you can handle. If this is your first time you may be better off choosing in 6e. Most hotels can be contacted via email and most have web sites with info on rooms. So, check it out. We took our granddauther and had a ball!
Old Jul 27th, 2005, 09:33 AM
ira

Hi eri,

What's your budget?

Old Jul 27th, 2005, 09:41 AM

Hi eri,

We stayed at Novotel Gare de Lyon last Christmas in a room with 2 double beds and a rollaway bed. My children are 12 and 14.

I believe the price was 125 Euros. The #1 Metro line is close as is the Gare de Lyon train station. Many restaurants,banks, pharmacies, etc. line the street in front of the hotel.

We would stay there again.

==Mike
Old Jul 27th, 2005, 09:59 AM
eri
Original Poster

No, it is not my first time. But it is a first time with the kids.
Novotel is an excellent recommendation. Thanks!
Old Jul 27th, 2005, 10:07 AM

Me again- my wife and I have been to the Pas des Calais in the 6e- right off blvd St. Germaine and near metro and shopping and restaurants. It is listed on <parishotels.com> that I mentioned in St Germaine des Pres section.
Old Jul 27th, 2005, 10:17 AM
eri
Original Poster

Mike,
How did you get the 125 Euro rate? I tried the Novotel Paris Gare de Lyon site, the best I could find is 205 Euros per night.
Old Jul 27th, 2005, 10:29 AM

Hi eri,

It may have been a holiday rate. I went to their website and made the reservation via telephone to their call center. The call center may have been in Australia.

==Mike
Old Jul 30th, 2005, 09:47 PM
eri
Original Poster

More suggestions, please!
Old Jul 30th, 2005, 10:01 PM

I think you should consider renting an apartment. There are some very reputable and reasonable rental sites. Try www.yourparishome.com. A relative had great success renting there.
Old Jul 30th, 2005, 11:51 PM

An apartment is probably the way to go, but if set on a hotel room try the Best Western Left Bank Saint-Germain Hotel located on 6, Rue de l'Ancienne-Comedie. Excellent location on the 6th Arrondisement. We had Room No. 6, a quadruple that in addition had handicapped accesibility; big room, comfortable, very good breakfast included.
Old Jul 31st, 2005, 04:10 AM

If you're going to be there for awhile, consider renting an apartment. We rented a two bedroom which was pretty decent. It had a queen bed and two twins. Click on my name to find the review. It's called "Paris report with teens."
Old Jul 31st, 2005, 08:19 AM

I would try the Residence du Roy. We stayed there at an end of a France trip last year. This hotel was a perfect way for us to end our journey. My family (four of us (2 children)had been staying throughout France in a studio apartment and a suite in Provence. Our expectations for Paris was small rooms - we had booked a junior suite so we thought that would give us a little bit more room.

Upon check in the hotel clerk casually mentioned she gave us an upgrade (I thought she meant the junior suite at the reduced rate price we had booked.) She said no we are giving you a duplex.
What a treat!
The duplex (modern decor) was HUGE! We had on the first floor a living area with TV and AC that led off to the 30' x 8' (no lie) balcony overlooking the Grand Palais rooftop. A full bedroom with bathroom. Lots and lots of closet space. There was a spiral staircase leading to the upstairs bedroom with two twin beds, TV, AC and another very large bathroom for the boys. We were all very happy to have so much space. The hotel was spotless and the staff was very nice.

The breakfast which was included was not so great but it was enough to get us going in the morning.

The location was super - easy walks to the Seine, the 6th, 7th, the Eiffel, Champs Elysees. Not too much directly around the hotel but that was kind of nice to have the quiet street (a one way) and peaceful strolls all during the day.

I asked the staff why such great rates (we paid 145 Euro a night) and the front desk clerk mentioned that there had been a manager that drastically slashed prices (who is being replaced) and prices are going to increase especially after January 05.

Decor wise the hotel was pretty basic - what it lacked in ambiance it made up for in space space space!

We took a chance and booked the hotel with the special offer and we very pleased with it. We all had plenty of room to stretch out and find our own space - and after traveling for two weeks together it was very nice indeed.

I don't know what the rates are like now but it was great for a lot of people.