Notices

Paris Hotel needed ASAP

Old May 10th, 2008, 06:19 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paris Hotel needed ASAP

I was hoping to get some suggestions for a hotel in Paris for our last night in France. We will be arriving at the hotel in the afternoon and heading to the airport the next afternoon. We are hoping to find a hotel in a central location, so that we may walk around that last evening. We will have already spent 3 days in Paris at the beginning of our trip in the Latin Quarter, so we were hoping to try a different location. We were hoping to find a hotel in the 120 -150 euro range. Any recommendations would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Old May 10th, 2008, 06:27 PM

Hi nan40,
I'd do a search here, you will find tons of info.

Also search here for information on hotel Bonaparte, which is often recommended.
Old May 10th, 2008, 08:54 PM

When are you talking about?

This hotel is in your price range. It's in the Latin Qtr, but up next to the river right across from Notre Dame.

Hotel de Maitre Albert (formerly Hotel DE Notre Dame). I love that you walk out the front door steps away from the Iles and the river. Great area for strolling.
http://tinyurl.com/yobs7n

I also like the Bonaparte. It suits your needs well, too.
Old May 11th, 2008, 05:27 AM
ira

Hi N,

We always stay at the Hotel Bonaparte, 61 Rue Bonaparte in the 6th. From 128E dbl w/bkfst. It is located near 3 metro stops. Has AC and an elevator.

Tel 33 1 43 26 97 37
FAX 33 1 46 33 57 67
[email protected]
www.hotelbonaparte.fr

For more info, enter "Hotel Bonaparte" in the "search this forum" box.

Photos are at
http://tinyurl.com/ludgd

Old May 11th, 2008, 05:39 AM

Hi Nan.

We just did this exact same thing...spent six nights in St. Germain area, went to Rome, then came back to Paris for one night before flying back to the US. I also wanted a different, central location.

I chose Hotel Valadon. http://www.hotelvaladon.com/index.htm

It was a really cute, clean, friendly hotel, almost like a B&B. It's one street over from Rue Cler, so lots of dining options for your last night, and a couple blocks over from the Eiffel Tower.

We ate dinner at a nice bistro two doors down on the corner of Rue Valadon and Rue du Champs de Mar, strolled over to the ET for its lighting up about 9:20 pm, went to the Trocadero to soak in one last bit of Paris, walked right back under the ET as it was twinkling at 10 pm, and were packed and in bed by 10:30. A perfect way to spend your last hours there.
Old May 11th, 2008, 05:55 AM

From your other posts, I determined that you will return to Paris for your last night in July. So you might have a chance of booking at some of these:

Hotel Jeanne d'Arc (Marais area)
http://hotels.parishotels.com/hotel-...tel=64&lang=en
- - no A/C

Hotel Louvre Bons Enfants (Louvre)
http://www.hotellouvrebonsenfants.com/
- - has A/C

Hotel de l'Elysee (Champs/Madeleine)
http://www.france-hotel-guide.com/h75008efsh.htm
- - has A/C
Old May 11th, 2008, 08:46 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
And if you get frustrated, just do www.accorhotels.com and book what you need within 5 minutes.
Old May 16th, 2008, 08:46 AM

I'm glad to see your recommendation for the Hotel Valadon, Shelly, as we'll be there in about a week!
Old May 16th, 2008, 11:27 AM

I really liked it. Unfortunately, due to delays at the airport, we arrived there at 5 pm, and had to leave the next day at 7:45 am, so we didn't get to enjoy it as much as I thought we would.

They have a computer for internet access (2E per 30 minutes), a really cute breakfast area, and the rooms were sparkly clean. We had a double bed and a single bed, and they was plenty of room for two of us.

I hope you enjoy it. If we ever get back to Paris for a short visit, I will definitely stay there again.
Old May 16th, 2008, 11:30 AM

flsd: Oops..."there was" not "they was."

Also, we arrived at the same time as another couple, and none of us could figure out how to check in, as no one was in the lobby or anywhere to be seen!

Here's the secret: If you arrive and noone is there, there is a button that says "Reception" (IIRC) on the outside key pad to the right of the front door. Just press that button, and they will come right over to let you in.

The four of us waited there for about 20 minutes until someone staying in the hotel happened by, and mentioned that to us. Duh on our part!
Old May 17th, 2008, 06:46 AM

Thanks, Shelly. We'll be there four nights (2 adults and a 12 y/o). It's a little bit of a splurge for us budget travelers and I'm looking forward to it.
Old May 29th, 2008, 04:06 AM

The Hotel Valadon was very nice and we recommend it. Once checked in, you will be given the punch code to unlock the front door, as the reception desk is not manned 24/7.

The hotel is as nice as pictured on the website - clean, modern decor, comfortable beds - and the hosts were very welcoming. Rate for two in one bed is 125 including petit dejeuner (it is not priced separately); two in a room with two beds is 135; room with one double bed and one twin bed for three people, 150.

As for getting to the airport in the morning, we found it quite convenient to take the metro from the Ecole Militaire stop to Opera (same line, no transfer necessary) and hopping on the Roissy Bus for 8.60 Euros.
Old May 29th, 2008, 04:35 AM

bookmarking