1 Night in Paris

Search

1 Night in Paris

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14th, 2003, 06:17 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1 Night in Paris

We will arrive in Paris around 2 p.m. and leave the next am around 8 - - We would like to stay in the neatest area where we could walk around and get a flavor for the City. We know that it will be too late for the museums, etc., Any recommendations for a hotel that is moderately priced.

thanks -
Old Oct 15th, 2003, 05:29 AM
ira

Hi

Try the Hotel Bonaparte, 61 rue Bonaparte. This is where we stay in Paris.
Old Oct 15th, 2003, 05:35 AM
MGB

Try the Rue Cler area there are several hotels in the area (Muguet, Champs de Mars, Leveque, etc.). Rue Cler is a pedestrian area with the markets and cafe marche as well as several restaurants there and on Rue Bosquet. The metro is nearby if you need to go further but it is only a 15 minute walk to the Eifel tower where you can see it sparkle at night as well as in the day. You could then take a bateaux mouche cruise of the Seine.
Old Oct 15th, 2003, 05:38 AM
Degas

ira, how are the beds in that place? Think the "little wife" and I could fit on one of thier doubles or should we ask for two singles with reinforced frames?

Seriously, I know you are a good judge for value and location.

Old Oct 15th, 2003, 05:42 AM

Stay in St. Germain (6th Arr.) or the Latin Quarter (5th Arr.) You are a very short walk from Notre Dame and the Louvre and are in the heart of Parisian cafe's and nightlife. Have a cocktail,r coffee or world's best hot chocolate at Cafe de Flore on the Blvd. St. Germain.

Everyone has their favorite Parisian/Left Bank Hotel. (We like the Hotel Buci Latin and it funky/art decor. Not sure I'd call it moderate, though.) The Rick Steves' groupies have a fascination for the Rue Cler. Personally, I think being over that far in the 7th isn't the most centrally located spot for such a short visit.