Paris: Hotel Luxembourg Parc vs. Hotel Saint Vincent

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 11th, 2009, 01:26 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a choice of two seemingly wonderful hotels, and am not sure which to choose. Reviews of both are glowing. Which offers the most Parisian experience? Which is in the prettiest area? Which has the nicest rooms? Anything else I should consider, besides cost? (The Saint Vincent is less expensive.) Any insights will be appreciated. Thanks.
Old May 11th, 2009, 02:00 PM

They probably both would be a Parisian experience as long as they are owned and run by Parisians, which I think they are. I think the choice of area is totally subjective, there is no definitive answer. I prefer the area of the Luxembourg, others love that part of St Germain near the Seine, I just don't. I don't find it very convenient, either nor around places I want to eat.

The hotels aren't comparable, I think the St Vincent is only a 3* hotel so that's why it is cheaper. There are usually reasons for hotel ratings and generally rooms in higher level hotels are nicer, although that's a broad statement, of course. The room size might differ, you could ask about that. The Hotel Parc Lux. has more variety in decor, if you care and like one better than others.
Old May 11th, 2009, 03:19 PM

I have stayed at the Luxembourg Parc twice and think it is a wonderful property. Beautifully decorated rooms, marble bathrooms with power showers & shower curtains(!). The rooms are not huge but very well done. Nice bar and the staff is terrific. I stopped in the Hotel St. Vincent last weekend and the lobby is much smaller than the pictures would lead one to belief. Very nicely decorated, however. There is very little difference in price. I have been quoted E240 at both hotels for 3 nights in December.
Old May 11th, 2009, 04:25 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for your input. I think I will try the Luxembourg Parc. Sounds like I won't be disappointed.
Old May 11th, 2009, 04:41 PM

I think you will be very pleased with your decision. It is a lovely property.