Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Family-friendly restuarants in Marais (near Republique Metro)

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 8th, 2009, 09:15 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The four of us (with 9-month ols baby) will stay in an apartment near the Republique Metro stop for a week. We plan to stay close to the apartment at night for dinners. Any advices on good, mid-priced to cheap restuarants around here? Definitely have to have Frence, but would love to get some Chinese, Japanese, Thai, ect also. Oh, anyone knows about good market around here?
Thanks
Old May 8th, 2009, 09:41 AM

There are quite a number of café/bistro/restaurants all around the place de la République, so you could do a bit of prospecting. One is a Léon de Bruxelles, which is a popular chain, but I haven't eaten there.

http://www.virtualtourist.com/travel...lles-BR-1.html.

These are the restuarants just on the square:
http://tinyurl.com/pp3p5d

There will be a fair range in the surrounding streets, depending on where you are and how far away you're prepared to go.

The nearest street market is, I think, Marché des Enfants Rouges. There is a Monoprix supermarket on rue du Temple that stays open quite late, even on Sundays, I believe (or at least, someone once asked me directions to it in the belief that it did).
Old May 8th, 2009, 10:38 AM

If you walk a bit north along the Canal St. Martin, you will come to the Rue des Vinaigriers on your left (carful - not obvious: look for the short staircase down). You will see there one of our favorite casual, red-check-tablecloth (literally!) Paris restos, the Restaurant de Bourgogne.
Old May 10th, 2009, 03:20 PM
Original Poster

Hi PatrickLondon,
Your http://tinyurl.com/pp3p5d didn't work. IT went to http://www.pagesjaunes.fr/trouverles...nnels/index.do instead. And it is in French.
Old May 11th, 2009, 04:49 PM

Within easy walking distance:

Au Fil des Saisons 6 rue des Fontaines du Temple 75003, phone: 01 42 74 16 60
Just down rue du Temple from Place de la Republique. Small, cozy, extensive chalkboard menu. 26E for two courses, 31E for three courses.

Madame Shawn Thai Cuisine: 34, rue Yves Toudic, 75010, phone: 01 42 08 05 07. Open daily for lunch and dinner. Fixed price lunch menus: from €12.50. A la carte: around €25*.

Le Verre Volé , 67 rue de Lancry, 75010, phone: 01 48 03 17 34 , M: Jacques-Bonsergent.
Open 10h30-Midnight. Closed Monday. Reservations recommended. Wine bar. Not a three-course kind of place, so have a drink, some starters, or several dishes to share.

Rue de Bretagne has several restaurants you may want to try, including Chez Omar, which many people like (I'm not among them though).