Paris Hotel help needed (please)

Old Nov 6th, 2007, 05:02 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paris Hotel help needed (please)

My husband and I have booked a bike tour in Provence late May and need hotel recs for Paris for the four days preceeding it. Last time we were in Paris we stayed at Le Regent(6th), which we loved, but it's just too expensive now (with the weak dollar). Our priorities are location (we really like to walk everywhere rather than relying on the metro( quiet, clean, A/C. I've been searching everything (even considered Hotwire or Priceline briefly), and would love some suggestions. Thanks to all.
Cherikm
Old Nov 6th, 2007, 05:05 AM

I'd start with a search here for 'Paris Hotel". That will give you a large selection. What is your budget?

Hotel Bonaparte gets frequent mention and has a fine location. I could also recommend Hotel de Notre Dame. Also, depending on budget, there are several nice hotels on Ile St Louis (Deux Iles, Lutece), another prime location.
Old Nov 6th, 2007, 05:15 AM
yk

We have stayed at Hotel de Saint Germain (on rue du Four) twice now. We like it because of its great location yet cheap(er) price. The main downside is it sits on top of the metro line, so each time a subway car goes by, one can hear the noise. But it's quiet after the metro stops running.

It has A/C which is rare for a 2*.
http://www.hotel-saint-germain.com/
Old Nov 6th, 2007, 05:18 AM
Original Poster

I'd like to keep the price under $250 per night, (less if possible.
YK, I had read your previous post about the Hotel du St. Germaine, but the subway noise would definitely be a problem for me.
Old Nov 6th, 2007, 05:20 AM

After a ton of research we've decided to stay at Hotel Jeanne D'arc in the Marais. The location is fabulous and you can't beat the price (84E for a double in May.) It gets great reviews for a basic, no frills, 2 star hotel, much better (and cheaper) than Bonaparte if staying in the Marias appeals.

They don't have their own website but you can get the basic info at http://www.parishotels.com/Hotel_Jea...s_star_en.html
Don't try to inquire from that site though. It will tell you they are fully booked for almost any date. Email the hotel directly to ask about availability at [email protected] They do book up way in advance though, so if you're interested, I'd contact them immediately.
Old Nov 6th, 2007, 05:38 AM

I'm a little confused when your post says you want to "walk everywhere." Where's "everywhere"? And where in Paris is convenient to walk "everywhere"? Certainly not the Marais, I'd say.

We stayed at the Hotel St. Germain (not the de St. Germain) just off Rue des Ecoles near the Latin Quarter. Ask for a twin room in the back, if you're interested. There are lots of restaurants, and the LQ within walking distance.

However, to get to sites like the Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe, Louvre, etc., you'll almost certainly have to use the Metro.
Old Nov 6th, 2007, 05:46 AM

For location the Ile St. Louis cannot be beat. You should check the Hotel Lutece and the Hotel Deux Iles, sister properties on the Ile; we stayed at the Deux Iles last year and were pleased with the convenience for walking to both banks. Double room at Deux Iles from 170 Euro.

http://www.deuxiles-paris-hotel.com/index.html

Old Nov 6th, 2007, 07:47 AM

Hotel le Clement, 6 rue de Clement, in the 6th. Happy Travels!
Old Nov 6th, 2007, 09:14 AM

There are still a couple 2* hotels in St Germain that are in that budget. The Clement is a good idea, as well as the Bonaparte.

This is another I've hard of, and it is off the main blvd and I don't think the metro goes under it (I think the metro goes along bd St Germain, roughly. It's still only about 90 euro for a double.
http://www.france-hotel-guide.com/h7...int_pierre.htm

The Clement does have AC, ST Pierre says it does also on the thread, but I've never stayed there so don't know what it's like. YOu can't really expect much at that rate (90 euro in St Germain). Right now, US$250 is about 172 euro, so you can go up from the St Pierre, that's for sure.