Paris hotel for 2 nights

Search

Paris hotel for 2 nights

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11th, 2009, 11:02 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paris hotel for 2 nights

My husband and 13 year old daughter are going to be in Paris for 2 nights at the end of June. I'd like to find them a nice hotel in an area where they'll be able to walk to see the major landmarks (this is our daughter's first trip to France). We've stayed at Hotel Lutetia and really liked the location, but that's running about $350 per night and we're hoping to stay under $300. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Ideally we can find a hotel with 2 double or queen beds, although it appears 2 twin beds seem to be the norm.
Thanks.
Old Apr 11th, 2009, 12:09 PM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Check www.accorhotels.com
Old Apr 12th, 2009, 05:02 AM
Original Poster

Thanks.
Old Apr 12th, 2009, 05:34 AM

You might want to consider Hotel Relais Bosquet in the 7th. It's a lovely hotel within walking distance to the Eiffel Tower, a few blocks from a metro stop and a block away from Rue Cler (a pedestrian market). And it has the best feature of all if they're coming at the end of June -- air conditioning!
Old Apr 12th, 2009, 06:12 AM

www.hotel-collegedefrance.com

well located good historic local my fav

or www.hotwire.com good 4-5 stars within your budget...
Old Apr 12th, 2009, 07:17 AM

You can get a room with 2 double beds - but it's a room for 4 people - so the prices will be a lot higher. I think for that price you'll have to go for someplace simpler than the Lutetia and accept the 2 twin beds.

The problem with Priceline ot Hotwire is that you might get a room with only one double bed. (SInce Paris hotels tend to be fairly small there often isn't a lot of choice of bed configurations.) But you culd look at biddingfortravel,com and see what people are getting, then check the hotel websites to see that tht have rooms with twin beds.
Old Apr 12th, 2009, 12:28 PM
Original Poster

Thanks. I forgot about air conditioning. Yes, that's important. Hotel Relais Bosquet looks good and the location looks perfect. They will only have 1.5 to 2 days to sight-see and aren't planning to hit the museums on this trip due to lack of time. The plan is Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame cathedral, Arc de Triomphe, and Champs Elysees. We liked the Saint Germain area when we stayed at Hotel Lutetia, but as long as they're within walking distance of what they want to see, they'll be fine.
Old May 20th, 2009, 05:23 AM

Check out www.relaismedicis.com or www.hotel-madison.com

Both are in excellent St. Germain locations. Walk out the front door and be right in the middle of activities. At night you're just steps from many restaurants, cafes, and street entertainment.

We also enjoyed The Lutetia, but thought it was a bit of a walk to the St. Germain area where we wanted to be at night. These may be at the top of your budget(depending on week days or week ends) but well worth it for the location. Since you have already stayed in the St. Germain location, you know how convient it is to Metro & boats for all the monuments, and your daughter will loveall the street entertainment aroundNotre Dam & St.Michel at night.
Old May 20th, 2009, 05:26 AM

Hey, I just noticed the date of the original post. You've probably chosen your hotel by now. I read the May 20th question.

Let us know what you've chosen.
Old May 20th, 2009, 07:03 AM

Hotel de Seine
52, rue de Seine

Happy Travels!
Old May 20th, 2009, 11:15 AM

You might try Hotel Caron de Beaumarchais at 12 rue Vielle du Temple and Hotel St-Louis at 75 rue St-Louis en L'Ile, both 3* hotels in the 4e and short walks to Notre Dame, Concergerie, Louvre, D'Orsay.... We've stayed at both and would do so again. Both are favorites of travel publications. We've stayed all over Paris. The island-St-Louis-remains our favorite place. Quaint, great architecture, rather quiet after dark.

Hope your family enjoys its peek at Paris.