Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Paris Hotel de Lutece... photos? website?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27th, 2004, 08:26 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

does anyonne know if Hotel de Lutece has a website, or photos...if not, then do you know if there is an emmail address to check availability?
thanks
Old Apr 27th, 2004, 08:37 PM

Dosu, did you look at www.parishotels.com? The Hotel Lutece is one of the hotels there. You can see several pictures of the hotel and a room. This IS their website so to speak. They do not have their own separate website.
Believe me, if you request a reservation over www.parishotels.com with the Lutece, you should get a reply within 24 hours! If you did not then I don't know; it's always happened that I got a reply from every hotel here within one day.

The staff is not very descriptive in their emails-just blunt on what you're asking. So maybe, like other hotels do sometimes when there is no availability, they won't reply. I don't know-you're going next month and they may be full already so that could be why they have not responded to you. I know, it's not courteous but it happens sometimes. I'm not sure-maybe that is not the reason just an assumption.

If you really want to try emailing them directly try this address I found in Great Sleeps Paris:

[email protected]
Old Apr 27th, 2004, 08:47 PM
Original Poster

thanks so much Francophile... i did get a response from Hotel Therese(sister hotel of the one you suggested) and they have availability, but room is SO small, so i'm thinking of taking the larger room. While i'm waiting for the reply, i decided to check into Lutece which had good feedback on another thread(i think you may have started it)
I will take aalook at parishotels.com...though i did but i'll check again
Dee
Old Apr 27th, 2004, 08:51 PM

dosu,
see if you can find Rivages: Hotels of Character and Charm in Paris.
The Lutece has a page and you can see the photo of their lobby and a small description with the phone number. Which is 43.26.23.52.
A long time ago I mailed away and asked for a brochure. I seem to remember, making all our reservations by phone.
My daughter stayed there this past March, she loved it..as did we.
Old Apr 27th, 2004, 09:03 PM
Original Poster

thanks scarlett, i sent an email through www.parishotels.com(as francophile suggested) i'm sure i'll receive a response soon. from the pictures on the parishotels site,it looked "ok"... wonder if i'm better off with a superior room at Hotel Therese? Don't know if you read my other thread, but the standard at the Therese is only 11 sq meters. How was the size at the Lutece?
Old Apr 27th, 2004, 09:09 PM

The Lutece has small rooms, but for my husband and myself for a long weekend, it was perfect. We had a room on the next to the top floor (5th), facing the street, looking out over the rooftops. There were twin beds pushed together, a/c, a dresser/tv and a huge bathroom. There was not a really good closet though. But two big windows. The maid brought breakfast up to the room since the breakfast room was full. The lobby is lovely with a fireplace and soft sofas to rest on. The staff is excellent, and friendly. They were especially kind to my daughter, traveling alone. You can't beat the location.
Tomorrow, I will ask my daughter for their email if she has one.
Old Apr 27th, 2004, 09:12 PM

Hi Dosu, good to know you have sent the Lutece a res. request. Hopefully in a few hours you will get a reply. If not try the direct email address.

I will venture to say that the deluxe room at the Therese will be much more comfortable than the standard rooms. However, it will cost you much more than a standard room will cost. I see that a deluxe costs 200 euros. That's pretty expensive but maybe given the hotel's location that's average.
If you are willing to pay for a deluxe I'd suggest getting it. I see people report that a room is only for sleeping but if a room is claustrophobic you get stir crazy after a couple days-even if the room's just for sleeping.
Old Apr 28th, 2004, 03:32 AM
Original Poster

Francophile.. Lutece is booked but they said they just opened a new hotel..Henri IV Rive Gauche on St Jacques..has anyone heard about it?
Old Apr 28th, 2004, 03:36 AM
Original Poster

Therese got back to me and said the Superior roomss are 13, 14 sq meters...not much larger than the Standard which is 11.
Old Apr 28th, 2004, 05:27 AM

Dosu, I just noticed that new hotel of theirs about a couple of months ago.

The location is good but I don't know about the hotel itself. Judging by the few pictures they offer, it seems nice.

Perhaps someone else has stayed there recently.
Old Jan 6th, 2005, 09:24 PM

Just wanted to say that I stayed Dec. 30th and 31st at the Hotel de Lutece. Had room #553 which was to the rear and overlooked some rooftops. This is a triple room that was comfortable, has double doors, good sized bathroom but shower stall is a bit small and tilework needs to be replaced. Otherwise, it's a great place with some of the nicest staff ever. The dining room attendant is most accomodating and this is the only hotel I know of so far offering breakfast until noon. Although the continental b'fast sounds expensive at 10 euro it is the best I've had. The baguette and huge croissant, freshly squeezed o.j., and the awesome coffee are better than the ones at the Hotel Verneuil (the other hotel I stayed at) and Paul boulangerie/cafe on rue de Buci.
Old Jan 6th, 2005, 10:11 PM

francophile, we stayed there in 2003 and agree with you about the breakfast -- it was wonderful!