Paris - Hotel Brighton ?

Old Jul 1st, 2003, 09:41 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paris - Hotel Brighton ?

Hello, I looked up this hotel in past topics but the responses were 2 & 5 years old. So I am looking for new information regarding this hotel. I believe they recently renovated the rooms. Has anyone stayed in the junior suite? What rooms/floors have the best views? Do all rooms have a balcony or just a certain floor? We have 2 adults & 2 teenagers. You can see what I'm getting at, we'd like a room with a balcony & view. Thanks for your help.
Old Jul 1st, 2003, 10:32 AM

I have stayed at the Brighton many times, last month being the latest. They are renovating the upper floors. We are a family of 5 adults and requested 2 dbl adjoining rooms in the front overlooking the Tuileries. A very comfortable roll-away bed was put in one of the rooms. We were able to open the connecting door and it was like having a suite. The view is fantastic especially at night!! Only the front rooms have a balcony and the higher floors offer the best view.The balcony is only about 2ft. wide-you can stand on it but not sit. There is no AC and breakfast is not included in the room rate. It is situated within walking distance to many attractions and the Metro is across the street. If you have any other questions I will be happy to answer them.
Old Jul 2nd, 2003, 07:47 AM
Original Poster

Anyone else? I've emailed the hotel a few times & can't get a straight answer.
Does the junior suite have a balcony? Or can we get 4 people in a regular room with balcony? Any help would be appreciated.
Old Jul 2nd, 2003, 10:25 AM

I have stayed there many times over the past 25 years but not since they renovated. However, I did stop in and get the new brochure last week when I was in Paris.The hotel is in a great location and used to be a delightful "French" hotel with a nice breakfast.It appears now that it has been taken over by a chain corporation that has other properties within Paris.I would like to mention that the shell of the hotel is still an older building and there are NO balconies that extend out. The front rooms have wonderful views of the Tuileries but can be quite noisy as the Rue de Rivoli is congested.Since the renovations I still do not see any balconies as it would destroy the facade of the front of the building.For a balcony like experience-move your chairs to the window area and enjoy.Its gorgeous!!!FYI-just a historical note.......the hotel is located down from the Hotel Meurice where all the top German generals stayed during the occupation of Paris.Sadly that whole area is becoming a major tourist shop mecca but still a wonderful location.
Old Jul 6th, 2003, 09:09 AM

After some thorough research and with the fashion-shows going-on in Paris in Sept, I have managed to secure reservations for Hotel Brighton (with Tuileries view, which is about 10 EURO more expensive) and Relais du Louvre (with church view). Can anyone please advise which of these hotels are better? We are looking for a bright, clean, and comfortable hotel, with convenient location from the main attractions.
Old Jul 7th, 2003, 05:00 AM

Hi
I haven't stayed at either hotel, but I'll offer my opinion on the locations.
I prefer that of the Brighton, in the heart of the tourist part of the right bank, metro stop is Concorde which can easily get you anywhere.Ten minute walk to the Louvre.

The Relais du Louvre is the one across from the Auxerrois church? I perfer the above location if I'm going to be on the right bank.
Old Jul 7th, 2003, 05:38 AM

May I please correct some info Elaine gave you. I have stayed at the Brighton many times . The Metro stop is the Tuileries which is across the street from the hotel. The walk to the Louvre is 5 mins. thru the Tuileries.
Old Jul 7th, 2003, 05:47 AM

My family and I are planning to stay at the Relais du Louvre next year. It is across the street from St. Germain L'Auxerrois (sp.?) and just down the street from La Samaritaine dept. store. I find the location to be central as it's within a short walking distance to many areas such as Notre Dame, the Latin Qtr., etc. Certainly it is very close to the Louvre.
I didn't like the Brighton because they were charging alot more than Relais du Louvre and breakfast at additional cost and did not offer a/c as well.

Beware that Relais du Louvre does have very small rooms especially the regular doubles.

Old Jul 7th, 2003, 08:18 AM

I must have accidentally posted my message twice in different topics. Anyways, thanks for your input.

I now understand that both locations are great, and I will have to decide between having a/c at Relais du Louvre as opposed to having a nice view of Tuileries at Brighton. The price difference between the two is actually only 10 euro.
Old Oct 26th, 2003, 04:25 PM

I would really like more information on this hotel. Both DUTYFREE and WAGS have stayed there and seem to like this hotel. Can you tell me more? How are the rooms decorated? How large are the rooms facing the gardens? Are the bathrooms nice? WAGS what rooms did you have, do you remember the room numbers? What amount of Euro did you pay? Is there turndown service at night? Is there anything that you dislike about the hotel? Many Thanks !
Old Oct 26th, 2003, 04:39 PM

As you see I haven't stayed at the Brighton. But I have inquired recently thinking I'd like to stay in Feb.(going to visit Paris in July too but staying at Relais du Louvre) next year as rates may be lower. The rate is lower but still too high for me and I'll stay elsewhere. They offered a renovated suite with a nice view for 192 euro plus extra for breakfast. This is the Feb. rate. If you want a view and a really nice, spacious room I would consider the suite if I were you. Others who have stayed in the suites report that they are very nice.