Search

Paris hotel

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7th, 2005, 10:38 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paris hotel

Hi-I am planning a trip to Paris in late May for 9 people so need a good budget hotel, preferably in the 7th arrondisment. Is it possible to get a good hotel for around $100 US dollars? I am considering Hotel de la Tulipe but it's a little over my budget given the number of people I am paying for. If anyone can offer some good suggestions I'd greatly appreciate it. Not looking for luxury (obviously at this price!) but definitely want something clean and centrally located. Thanks!
Old Mar 7th, 2005, 10:44 AM

www.hoteldefrance.com
Old Mar 7th, 2005, 01:35 PM

my American friends visited in November 2003 and stayed at Victoria Hotel on the 6 , rue Blaise Desgoffe , on the VIth arrondissement.
The hotel was wonderful , the bar and living rooms downstairs very old fashioned and nice , and they paid 125 dollars per room including buffet breakfast.I think it was a verry good deal because the place is in the middle of Paris , so close to Le Bon Marché department store and the Place St Sulpice and the good deals on fashion street Ste Placide.
May be they had a super good price , I don't know , but as a French , I thought it quite nice.
Old Mar 7th, 2005, 01:38 PM

check w/ Hotel Royal Phare, near Rue Cler. They were quoting me 70EU including breakfast if I stay for 8 nights. But at the end I decide to stay in a different area.
Old Mar 7th, 2005, 01:55 PM

Try Resdience Les Gobelins: http://www.hotelgobelins.com/

I am staying there next month based on reviews on tripadvisor and this forum.
Old Mar 7th, 2005, 02:06 PM

Report on Hotel de France Invalides. I stayed there last week. The coldest week in Paris apparently. Brrr. As StCirq had suggested. It was in the 7th and near Metro Ecole Militaire. It was small but clean. And the staff was friendly. They gave me a kettle for my stay so I did not have to buy pricey teas in the brasseries. And they had internet access. Apparently no one knew the code to dial Canada. So I emailed instead. But the walls are thin. 95 € for twin/queen 2 people. My feet still ach from all the walking around..how do you guys do it? I tried Comptoir 7ieme. Enjoyed my dinner, and the waitress was nice. I had the butchers plate. Unlike the Brasserie Ecole Militaire. The waiter was snotty. Just got back yesterday. Miss Paris already.
Old Mar 7th, 2005, 02:11 PM
jay

We had a group of 10 at the Excelsior Hotel in the 5th. It isin't in the 7th but it worked well nonetheless.