Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Paris, France: Jan/Feb 2012 lodging help needed

Jul 15th, 2011, 08:36 AM
Original Poster

Looking for a place to stay in Paris in early 2012 (Jan or Feb) that has a rooms available with 2 twin beds for 2 woman (35 years old). Staying for about 4 nights. Dates are flexible.

Needs to be close to Metro and in a safe area. Plan on seeing the big sites (Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, Louvre, Arc de Triumph, Rodin museum, Opera. Since it is winter, I assume there is not much to see at the many gardens of Paris)

We were thinking of doing arrangements with ClubABC but I don't see the big plus since they are basically just organizing the flight and hotel but no transfers to and from airport or guided tours.
thanks so much.
Jul 15th, 2011, 08:38 AM

Budget and necessary amenities (i.e. elevator)?
Jul 15th, 2011, 08:55 AM
Original Poster

budget is moderate. 100-150euro per night(even less for a nice place would be great)
elevator would be great, but if only 3 floors not mandatory.
access to food, i just read that in business districts the restaurants may stay closed all weekend.
if there are little apartments or B&B, that works as long as not too expensive
Jul 15th, 2011, 08:56 AM
Original Poster

en suite bathrooms are necessary
Jul 15th, 2011, 09:13 AM

You might want to do a search here for 'Paris Right bank Hotels' and 'Paris Left bank Hotels'. Thses will give you seom good ideas.
Jul 15th, 2011, 09:40 AM

That moderate is really below moderate in central Paris, it's low end. So that limits you to 1-2* hotels (and some 2* hotels will be more than that in the expensive areas, especially for a twin which often costs more than a regular double).

In any case, don't worry about the elevator as I don't think there are only hotels of only 3 floors in central Paris, and any hotel of 2* has to have one if they have at least five levels (4 floors).

Here is a real cheap 3* hotel I know in an area I frequently stay, Montparnasse, it has twins for only 115 euro or so http://www.delambre-paris-hotel.com/

This hotel is nice enough and in a different area, the 7th, which can be a break but may take longer to get places. They do have rooms at your budget if you book some of the special deals, like 3 nights http://www.hotelparismuguet.com/rates.html

I stayed at this place and it's a very good location and nice hotel, they do have some specials in your budget if you look http://www.hotelsorbonne.com/booking.html
Jul 16th, 2011, 01:48 PM

We stayed at The Champs du Mars in June 2009. It was a great place for a reasonable price and seems to fit your needs. The only issue we had was no AC, but you won't need that when you're going.
http://www.hotelduchampdemars.com/index.php?lang=en
Jul 16th, 2011, 09:59 PM

The Delambre was mentioned, and I stayed there maybe 10 years ago and liked it a lot. It is a ways from the central Paris sites though, but doable. Metro available of course.

More recently we stayed at the Hotel Beauburg, which was about a 10-minute walk from Notre Dame. We liked it a lot. Rick Steves recommended it. Clean, quiet, small fridge in room for wine or cheese or juice.... Check the internet specials. My sister and I were there for 9 days, and we were very happy with the selection.
Jul 16th, 2011, 11:05 PM

You could try the Hotel Sevigne
http://www.le-sevigne.com/

Looks like about 110 euro per night for a twin room although there is a special on the website for 88 euro.

We stayed there a few years ago, it's almost opposite a metro station and above a cafe. It's in the Marais district and well located, lots of cafes and restaurants in the area and easy walk to the Seine and Notre Dame. The room was small and basic but fine.

(By the way, the photo on the homepage of the very grand building is not the hotel, it's the Hotel de Ville or Town Hall.)

Kay
Jul 18th, 2011, 02:18 PM
Original Poster

sounds good
anyone ever go on a Club ABS tour? My friend is a memeber and we may use it. I see Hotel Concorde Monteparnese is a choice and I see twins in there as well. feedback?
Jul 18th, 2011, 05:22 PM

You mentioned an apartment: check out www.vrbo.com/58971
Super location, and the bed in the bedroom can be made into 2 twins, plus the pull out sofa in the living room is very comfortable.

I stayed here in '09 and enthusiastically recommend it for 2-3 people.
Jul 18th, 2011, 05:52 PM

Hi,

Last year we stayed at Saint Georges Lafayette, very near Place Pigalle. The hotel is quite basic (small rooms but with private bathroom). In my opinion good value. We never spend a fortune on accommodation. A double is 80 euros something, a light (typical French breakfast) is included. The hotel gets very mixed reviews. Link to reviews on booking.com
http://www.booking.com/hotel/fr/hote...a=0&lang=en-gb

We had absolutely nothing to complain about. I would recommend this hotel. It's clean and friendly. Some people don't like the area, we did.
Jul 18th, 2011, 06:07 PM

Take a look at Hotel du College de France

www.hotel-collegedefrance.com

Twin rooms from 112 euros.