Reload this Page >

Paris fiction for teens?

Search

Paris fiction for teens?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28th, 2005, 06:38 AM
brooklandsbuttercup

Paris fiction for teens?

Saw lots of posts about fiction reading re Paris, but I'm looking specifically for fiction recommendations for a 13 year old girl. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Old Dec 28th, 2005, 07:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
She might like the books by Cara Black. The main character is Aimée Leduc who runs her own detective agency. These books appeal to any age, and they do not contain any material that would be unsuitable for a young person.

Some titles: Murder in the Marais, Murder in the Bastille, Murder in the Sentier, etc.
Old Dec 28th, 2005, 07:47 AM

Marie, Dancing, by Carolyn Meyer, is a historical novel about the young dancer who was the model for Degas’s “Little Dancer” statue. Seeing the actual statue in the d’Orsay would probably be even more fun for her than it otherwise would be, if she had read the book first.

The reviews of the book on Amazon raise some concerns about whether the book is suitable for younger children, like 6th-graders, given the facts that the heroine’s mother is an alcoholic and her older sister becomes a courtesan. I just mention that so you can take it into account in determining whether the book is suitable for your child.
Old Dec 28th, 2005, 08:02 AM
brooklandsbuttercup

Thanks - those are great leads. She likes art, music, and mysteries.

Old Dec 28th, 2005, 08:07 AM

Hi,
I'm looking for the same for my 13 year old daughter!

One thing I have have been thinking of is something I read and loved about a year ago--Sandra Gulland's trilogy of historical novels on Josephine Bonaparte. They were SO good and riveting! Can't remember if they're inappropriate or not for a 13 year old, but I"m going to reread the first one to see.

Crepes and Bree-- I love your 2 suggestions. I'll look into them!

Thanks,
Dina
Old Dec 28th, 2005, 08:15 AM

If she likes art, she may be ready to enjoy the Da Vinci Code. My 13 year old really liked it, although she said it was a bit "creepy" at times.
Old Dec 29th, 2005, 05:27 AM
brooklandsbuttercup

Those are great suggestions! I am looking for them all now in our library and if necessary on Amazon! I may read them as well!