Reload this Page >

Paris: Citadine St Germaine or Home Plazza Bastille

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1st, 2002, 05:09 AM
Laura

..family of four on a package - home plazza jr suite is included, however we can upgrade to a one-br @ Citadine St Germaine for $90 extra- per night. Is it worth it?<BR>Thanks!

Old Aug 1st, 2002, 12:08 PM
Tony

Laura,<BR>I like the Citadines hotel chain concept and we use it whenever we can. Nothing too flashy but good value.<BR>The St Germaine location is excellent but cannot advise if it is worth an extra $90 as I do not know your other option.<BR>If you have not already found their web site here it is with all their locations<BR>http://www.citadines.com<BR>Tony

Old Aug 1st, 2002, 12:42 PM
Gretchen

We visited a Citadines 1BR. It is possible you will have more room/facilities in the suite. You do have limited kitchen facilities of course.

Old Aug 1st, 2002, 12:48 PM
Rita

We, family of 4 also, stayed at the Citadine St.G the first 10 days of July. Location is ecxellent and we were happy with the hotel. I don't know anything about your other option so it is difficult to give you an opinion but I'll be happy to tell you about our experience. Does the home plaza have a kitchen and is it something you'd like to have? Citadines have a fully-eqipped small kitchen. I don't cook on vacations but it is great not having to go out for breakfast and have fresh fruit, cold beer/wine and cheese handy for snacks and quick meals. I'd check the price per night for both hotels to get an idea of value. If you choose Citadines, ask for a garden location. No view from the room but no noise either. Good Luck.

Old Aug 1st, 2002, 03:07 PM
Christina

I think it depends on your reason for wanting a place like that -- if it's just some extra space in connecting rooms because of the kids, I would never pay $90 more a night for the Citadines, as long as the space is about the same. The main difference you are paying for (I think, from what I've seen, I haven't stayed in either) is the location and a fuller kitchen. St-Germain is a lot more expensive than the Bastille area. I think the HOme Plazza does not have full kitchens but only minibars and wet bars (ie, you can't cook). The Citadines is newer but the Home Plazza was refurbished not long ago, I heard. It sounds like $90 a day isn't out of the question for you or you wouldn't be asking, and if so, you might as well go for the Citadines as you'll probably like the location better and I think it seemed like a little better value from the rates I've seen, unless it's smaller. I know both have a wide range of sizes and facilities so be sure the comparison is really of the same size room.

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 05:48 AM
Rita

Topping for Laura.

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 07:11 AM
Laura

Thank you for your suggestions - other than the kitchen, I don't know if the Citadines is much larger than the Home Plazza. Since we'll only be there for 2 nights, I doubt if we'll be using the kitchen facilities much. I guess my biggest question is the location. If it's more centrally located, the $180 extra might be worth it in terms of convenience. For those of you familiar with Citadines, I'm being advised that the room has a double bed in the bedroom and a twin sofa bed in the living room. How does this work for four people? Thanks again!

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 08:01 AM
BILL

Why not try either the Citadines Bastille Marais or the Citadines Voltaire Republique? You will get essentially the same room as St. Germaine for about 1/2-2/3 of the price.

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 11:05 AM
Rita

Laura, the one bedroom we had was roomy by European standards. If you check on their website, you'll see the exact size for yourself. It was like a small apartment. Entry hallway, bathroom and sink in a room to the right, separate toilet in the next small area by itself, then one good-sized bedroom and a living room with a large sofa-bed. The sofa had a twin size bed that rolled from under it and the sofa itself also would pull slightly out to turn into another twin. In the same living room we had table and 4 chairs as well as TV and radio/mini stereo.<BR><BR>For two nights, I'd probably not bother. Again, I don't know anything about your other option but for only a 2 day stay, and given how easy it is to get around Paris, I think you could put the $180 to better use. Good Luck

Old Aug 3rd, 2002, 06:07 AM
Laura

Thank you for your suggestions - I'm going to find out of we can do either of the other two Citadine locations recommended at no charge - or much less than $180.

Old Aug 3rd, 2002, 03:16 PM
mjs

We stayed as a family of four at the Citadines St. Germain in november and really enjoyed our stay. Location is perfect for a tour of Paris. It is next to the Seine and easy walking distance to the Louvre, Orsay, Marais etc. The Rue d'buci street is lovely for places to eat in or for take outs. The down stairs laundry was also convenient. Clean. Would stay there again.