Search

Paris/Capri/Positano

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15th, 2007, 05:22 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paris/Capri/Positano

Fodorers;
We have 9 days of vacation- (actual 7 days+ 2 day air round trip) and want to spend 3 days in Paris and 4 days in Capri Italy. Please give us your advises on the following:
1) What is the best way to get to Capri from Paris? Fly to Naples- Take Hydrofoil to Capri??
2) Is four days enough for Capri and Positano,
3)What are the most common things to do in Capri and Positano?

Your suggestion is truly apppreciated.

More Travel
Old Aug 15th, 2007, 05:43 PM

I would either stay 4 days on Capri, at Hotel Quisisana, or stay 4 days in Positano. I wouldn't split my time between the two.

The best thing to do on Capri is sit in the Piazza Umberto and have a campari on ice whilst looking at the jet set sitting around you. Afterwards, take a stroll through JP Tod for some nice sandals. Take a walk up to Carthusia for a magnificent perfume. Have lunch by the pool at Luna. Take a bus ride (OH MY GOD WE ARE GOING TO GO OVER THAT CLIFF) to Anacapri. Go look at Somerset Maugham's house. Take a walk to the Faraglioni Rocks, passing by beautiful bougainvillea-covered villas. Say "hi" to Naomi Campbell when you see her shopping at Gucci. (She really is very nice. Don't believe the tabloids.)
Old Aug 16th, 2007, 06:29 AM
ira

Hi M,

You have answers to your other post.

If you click on your name it will come up.

Old Aug 16th, 2007, 07:56 AM

This past July I flew with AlpiEagles from Nice to Naples, took the airport bus to Port Beverello and the Hydrofoil to Capri.I was in that beautiful island for four glorious days..
Old Aug 16th, 2007, 09:09 AM

Enjoyable activity for me on Capri is to walk AWAY from the Piazetta and the high priced shops! I would probably chose between Capri or Positano, not spend some nights in both places. Actually I have not stayed in Positano but have stayed twice for several nights on Capri - it is a wonderful island for walking / hiking depending on your activity preference - the sea views are amazing and everywhere you look there are residences, gardens, hotels, restaurants etc. just oozing with charm. There is a chair lift up at Anacapri which is fun and of course the blue grotto and water adventures. During the day the area near the piazetta and the shops is just packed with day trippers but you can easily get away to quieter parts of the island until the evening when it becomes alot more pleasant to hang out there and people watch.
Old Aug 16th, 2007, 06:10 PM
Original Poster

Thank you all for valuable and practical advices.

Moretravel