Paris Boutique Hotel

Old Jul 21st, 2004, 07:43 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paris Boutique Hotel

I am looking for a hotel in Paris for a few nights of a honeymoon trip in October. Ideally, we'd like to stay in a boutique type hotel and get a deluxe room or suite. Our budget will be around 200 Euro per night. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated, or comments on the following which have caught my eye so far:
Hotel Des Croises (Langlois)
Grand Hotel Leveque
Hotel Lavoisier
Thanks....
Old Jul 21st, 2004, 07:49 AM

I would try this site for a nice list:
<www.parisby.com/accommod/arr_6_paris.htm>
My wife and I chose Le Saint Beauve.
Have fun in Paree!
Old Jul 21st, 2004, 10:31 AM

Aside from the Lavoisier, I think you've gotten some real misinformation about your hotels. Those other two are budget hotels and basic, especially the Leveque from what I've heard. Where are you getting these ideas from?
Old Jul 21st, 2004, 10:48 AM

I think that it will be almost impossible to get a "deluxe room or suite" in a boutique type hotel for 200 Euros. I think that if you are willing to pay closer to 300 Euros you will have a few choices. Try the Duc Saint Simon, it is lovely. www.hotelducsaintsimon.com
Old Jul 21st, 2004, 12:07 PM

I've stayed at the Lavoisier on several occasions. The most recent being in October of 2003. If I recall, the price then was 230 Euro per night.

It's in a quiet, but convenient location in the 8th arrondisement. Within one block from the hotel, you'll find a metro station (St. Augustin), a Monoprix store, a few decent cafes, and several ATM machines. It's also an easy 10 minute stroll to the major department stores (Galeries Lafayette for example), the Opera Garnier, and Place Madeleine.

The hotel itself is charming. The rooms are comfortable, nicely decorated, but small (as is typical in Europe). Bathrooms have all modern ammenities and are very clean. The staff is friendly and I've found them to be always helpful. A continental breakfast is available, but it's pricey (12 Euros).

The Lavoisier has some "sister" hotels run by the same management that I believe are bit less expensive. The Tourville in the 7th and St. Gregoire in the 5th (or perhaps 6th??). You may want to check those out as well.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!
Diane
Old Jul 21st, 2004, 01:15 PM

Check out the suite (245 euros) at the Hotel Latour Maubourg:

http://www.latour-maubourg.fr/suite.htm

The 7th is a great area. I've stayed at the more budget-concious Hotel Valadon, owned by the same couple. Incredibly clean rooms, nice owners, cute dog. I imagine that the Latour Maubourg, their fancier property, is similarly well-run. The down duvets with fresh white cotton covers at the Valadon were so snuggly on cool nights!

Have a wonderful honeymoon in Paris!

Old Jul 22nd, 2004, 07:17 AM

Since we are there a week in September with my parents, we ended up choosing an apartment, but top on our list for hotel after a lot of research was Hotel de Tourville in the 7th. A deluxe room, although not a suite, is just about E200. (It is also listed in that paris.by.com website with lots of great photos. Another website for research on other boutique hotels is
http://www.exclusivehotels-paris.com/boutique.htm with lots of listings by area and price.

We are big fans of the Leveque and have recommended it to others as it is quite nice, certainly more than "basic" and for the price can't be beat, but a honeymoon is something else and worth the splurge. Enjoy your honeymoon!
Old Jul 22nd, 2004, 07:51 AM

Check out the Relais Bosquet in the 7th. I would consider it a boutique hotel. Many good places around to eat and 2 block from a subway station. You catch a boat down the Seine which is near the Eiffel Tower which is in walking distance of the hotel. When we were there 2 years ago the price was around $130.00 a night(higher now with the euro) which would be in your price range. Very helpful staff. A bakery right on the corner that I loved to get pastries as the hotel breakfast a little expensive. There will be an electric teapot in your room with coffee and hot chocolate packets. Request a room where you will be able to see the Eiffel Tower out your window- so beautiful with the moonlight behind it. Have a wonderful trip wherever you stay.
Old Aug 27th, 2004, 07:22 AM

One little beauty is in the 1st, Relais Hotel du Louvre. Their doubles are 145 to 180, suites 205 to 244... and ohmyohmy VERY pretty, very nice, all the conveniences... AND you're right smack dab in the thick of things but its QUIET
Old Apr 11th, 2007, 01:03 AM

Hi,

If you're still looking for a nice hotel in Paris, you should try 123 france (http://www.123france.com). It is a local service that provides the best prices for hotels in the city of lights and in the rest of France.

Best,

Seb