advice re 4 Paris hotels

Aug 31st, 2005, 11:00 AM
Original Poster

advice re 4 Paris hotels

My husband and I are planning a week in Paris (His first time!). I am interested if anyone has any thoughts on any of the following hotels: Relais Christine, Hotel d'Aubusson, Hotel Duc de Saint Simon and Hotel Lutetia. We would like to stay in Ste. Germain and are willing to pay up to $250-300/night for a comfortable and beautiful place. We are celebrating our 21st wedding anniversary. Would love to hear all thoughts, ideas, etc.
Thanks much.
Aug 31st, 2005, 11:03 AM

All of those hotels are very nice, but I think some might be out of your price range--especially the Relais Christine and Hotel Lutetia, unless you will be in Paris off season. Have you looked at prices and reviews on tripadvisor.com? That's a good place to start.
Aug 31st, 2005, 11:08 AM

Relais Christine is a lovely hotel, but Underhill is probably right that it won't be within your budget. When we last stayed there two years ago, our room was about $400/night.

Have you thought about Hotel de Fleurie? I think this would be within your budget, and it's a beautiful hotel in a very good central location.

Good luck, and congratulations on your anniversary!
Aug 31st, 2005, 11:15 AM

Relais Christine and Relais St. Germain USED to be about the same price, but I'd agree with others that Relais Christine seems to have gone up rather dramatically in the past few years.

I think Relais St. Germain is a wonderful hotel, right about the top of your budget. Really big rooms that seem more like charming upscale personal apartments than typical hotel rooms, filled with fine furnishings, art, and antiques. The location is perfect, just across the "quiet side" of St. Germain Blvd. right by the Odeon metro stop.
Sep 1st, 2005, 11:07 AM

The D'Aubusson is a lovely hotel on a quiet street in a great location in the 6th...standard rooms are around $300. We have stayed there and the Relais Christine and I like them equally well...the D'Aubusson would be in your budget, while the Relais Christine would be slighty higher. I would check the Small Luxury Hotel website, as at times they have special prices for the Relais Christine.
Sep 1st, 2005, 11:12 AM

We stayed at the D'Abusson several years back and enjoyed it very much, especially the very cozy fireplace area and the bar. It is a small hotel, cozy, well located hotel. If you can, ask for the rooms with exposed beams and such, they have a bit more character than the regular rooms. We stayed in a deluxe room, which was quite large and comfortable (US standards), but spoke with some others that got the rooms described above.