Search

Hotels in Paris

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6th, 2003, 05:16 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotels in Paris

Any recommendations for a hotel in Paris? We are looking at a hotel on the Ile. St. Louis or the Jolly Lotti or Bel Ami perhaps. We will be there in April.
Old Nov 6th, 2003, 05:25 PM

We have used Artus Hotel (formerly Buci Latin) on Rue Buci in the 6th several times. Good hotel in good location.
j.
Old Nov 6th, 2003, 05:35 PM

I can recommend the Hotel du Lutece on the Ile St Louis. We stayed there last May and liked it a lot. Small but very nice room and terrific location.

If you do a search on "hotels Ile St. Louis" you will find lots of info.
Old Nov 6th, 2003, 07:02 PM

I stayed at the Bel Ami in July and thought it was great. Central location, nice decor and friendly staff.
Old Nov 6th, 2003, 07:15 PM

There are literally thousands of hotels in Paris. Without knowing what kind of hotel you like and what your budget is, it is nearly impossible to answer a question like this. The best you will get is a series of replies from people who like this hotel or that hotel, and how much help is that to you, really? If you provide more information, you'll get more helpful answers.

Old Nov 6th, 2003, 09:13 PM
Original Poster

We would like to stay in a clean, 3 or 4 star hotel. The budget isn't really an issue but no sense spending $500 per night when we can spend a lot less. We stayed at a 3 star hotel Hotel Villa Alesandra for 3 nights 2 years ago. We were set to stay at the Royal Elysee but when we got there, speaking no French, jet lagged coming from LA and dragging 3 kids and my Dad, someone from the hotel came our as we unloaded our bags, talked rapid French to the airport transportation guy, slipped him some money and we were forced to the other hotel. We enjoyed it there though. Never found out what happened. Don't want it repeated. It was farther away than what we wanted. Metro is no problem. We just want safe, clean, perhaps central location, helpful staff. It is just the two of us this time.
Old Nov 6th, 2003, 11:05 PM

Hello,
I can advise several hotels in the center of Paris, really clean and comfortable: in "Saint Germain des Pres", the hotel Left Bank Saint Germain*** is a really good one: http://www.leftbankstgermain.com/index.html
The Hotel Saint Honoré****: http://www.etoile-saint-honore.com/index.html
and the hotel Cambon****: http://www.hcambon.com/en/index.html
They are all well located and good quality ones.
Have a good trip in Paris!!!
Old Nov 7th, 2003, 01:03 AM

It depends on your taste. Bel Ami has a very modern decor (which is what we like). If that appeals to you, you'll be very satisfied. If you prefer a more traditional decor or something "country", then you may not be happy. I liked the Bel Ami (although the thin stick like shower nozzle took a little getting used to).
Old Nov 7th, 2003, 05:37 AM

I highly recommend Derby Alma Hotel on the left bank, close to the Eiffel Towel.
It is part of Best Western though, but the hotel is nice, clean and very convenient. Great value for the money.
I believe that it is a 4 star hotel too.
We paid about $135 a night