Paris bars & restaurants!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2nd, 2017, 12:24 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My fiance and I are going to Paris next month for our honeymoon and would love some great bar, restaurant, or cafe recommendations. We are staying at the Welcome Hotel on Boulevard Saint-Germain and Rue de Seine are would love some ideas of where to go! We don't plan on eating at 3-star Michelin restaurants as we do not want to spend a fortune but any recommendations are much appreciated!

Thanks,
Chris
Old Mar 2nd, 2017, 12:32 PM

Check out Paris by Mouth for great ideas.

http://parisbymouth.com
Old Mar 2nd, 2017, 01:04 PM

Paris by Mouth has great recommendations.

On rue de Seine we like Fish La Boissonnerie and Semilla.

There are so many really good choices around your hotel in every direction! We also like Z Kitchen Galerie, Allard, Marco Polo, Cafe Bonaparte and Les Bouquinistes.
Old Mar 2nd, 2017, 02:19 PM

Take a look at Patrica Wells' The Food Lover's Guide to Paris available on iTunes.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/the...63122093?mt=11
Old Mar 2nd, 2017, 02:42 PM

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
You have a monoprix close by and you can always grab a few snacks and drinks there. The wine is so cheap you will love having a bottle for the hotel. I like the markets but cafes that you can sit outside and people watch are my favorite. I remember that more than what I eat half the time.
Old Mar 2nd, 2017, 03:19 PM

Check out Lafourchette for discounts, too. But really, I think I read somewhere that Paris has 40,000 restaurants. Wander around, look at menus, look at what people are eating, smell the air, make a choice. If you want someplace special but not too over-the-top expensive, go up the Tour Montparnasse and have dinner or even just appetizers and a drink at Le Ciel and see all of Paris spread out before you. It's not a Michelin experience, but the food and drinks I've had there are very tasty.
Old Mar 2nd, 2017, 05:56 PM

In that area, check out Freddie's wine bar (next to Semilla). Fun place. Also, L'Avant Comptoir...all small plates and it is standing room only but not expensive and wonderful food. Both Freddie's and l'avant comptoir have innovative, creative food. Both places I would ask the staff what to try and what to drink...we got Greta suggestions at both. Da Rosa is also a great stop for a casual lunch or some wine and olives. We always enjoy Marco Polo, well.

Take a look at some of the small places that serve food and wine in the marche St Germain. There are lots of charming spots along rue du Dragon, rue des Canettes, and rue Guisarde

Little Breizh on rue Gregoire de Tours is an option.

Not as close but not too far, for breakfast or lunch, try Bar de Cuisine next to Poilane on rue du Cherche Midi.

The food tours Paris by Mouth conducts are excellent, so take a look at one. We have done the St Germain and Marais tours and loved both.
Old Mar 3rd, 2017, 08:19 AM

We had a wonderful meal at Au 25 - quite near your hotel.
http://restaurantau35.fr/en
Old Mar 5th, 2017, 09:23 AM

L'Ilot Vache on L'Ile Saint Louis - intimate, friendly, and of course great food. Check it out. An easy walk from your hotel.