Paris ballet

Apr 25th, 2008, 07:50 AM
Original Poster

Paris ballet

Does anyone know anything about going to the ballet in Paris? We would like to arrange to see a performance if it is possible and if it is worth it. Thanks.
Apr 25th, 2008, 08:19 AM

Try this:
http://www.operadeparis.fr/

Find "Calendrier" (calendar) at the top. Then you can pick the month you're interested in.
Apr 25th, 2008, 08:20 AM

sure, they have a website, and it's fairly easy to buy tickets on it.

http://www.operadeparis.fr/

Worth it? It's one of the best ballet companies in the world, it's up to you whether that makes it worth it. It is reasonably priced for top ballet companies, I think, and is always cheaper than opera. I suspect you don't usually go to ballet performances or you wouldn't ask that. IN that case, if you don't really watch or like ballet, you may not want to go.

Apr 25th, 2008, 09:00 AM

I'm all for culture - but only you know if youlike the ballet or ot. do you ever go at home?

If not, and you want to try it in Paris, fine - but realize that tickets are not inexpensive. If you do decide to go I would double check on what they're performing to make sure it's farly accessible - and not something too obscure.
Apr 25th, 2008, 09:26 AM

There's the ballet plus extra treat of seeing a performance in the grand old Garnier opera house. Worth it to me.
Apr 25th, 2008, 10:31 AM
Original Poster

Christina - thank you for the information but just because I asked about the ballet in Paris and asked if it was worth it you shouldn't assume I haven't been to the ballet before nor should you assume I don't know anything about it. Thank you to everyone that replied.
Apr 25th, 2008, 11:50 AM

Even if you can't do the ballet, do take the tour of the Opera house. It's magnificent.
Apr 26th, 2008, 12:33 AM

Be forewarned that tickets sell out pretty fast. IMO, even seats at the top of the house are well worth it, and you get a firsthand look at Chagall's magnificent ceiling as a bonus!